Hacking bootmii problems

slayer171

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there, i just got my wii today!

Anyway, first thing i wanted to do was soft mod it, so installed the homebrew channel and bootmii etc via the hackmii installer. I then of course wanted to backup my nand so i did that and after backing it up, it said it was verifying it, press 'a' to skip, so i pressed A. I then checked my nand backup on the computer which said it was 0kb, which can't be right? So i retried it and now it keeps saying Backup failed: -1

I have tried reformatting the card, reinstalling bootmii but nothing has worked. I want to install usb loaders and all that jazz, but don't want to unless i have a nand backup. Can anyone help me?

Cheers

slayer171

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I uninstalled everything, got a new sd card, didn't skip the verification and it worked!
smile.gif
Thanks

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I had the same problem once when skipping the verification.
my 2 cents is DO NOT SKIP the verification...

kinda weird, but that's the way it is right now.

R

slayer171

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay, now i have a new problem...no apps seem to be showing on my homebrew channel. Has anyone had this before? I am using the files from EOC's guide here: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...matutorial.html

There are two small icons on the bottom right of the screen. One of them is network and whats the other, as its not highlighted. Is this anything to do with my problem?

Cheers

EDIT: Seriously, wtf. I managed to find another SD card, and i put all the files on there and now it works? I've had to use 3 different sd cards...at least its working. I'm sure i'll be back to pester you all with more problems
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They started hating later seasons because it turned into half seasons and specials