Homebrew Bootmii Configuration Editor

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
DMC said:
As you seem to know a lot about this. I can't get my nand to back up on Bootmii. i have tried boo2 and ios. any ideas? Would it be the sd card too full for e.g?

Your NAND backup uses about 560mb or so (I´m not sure), you should use a empty SD to avoid problems (make a backup of your SD on your PC), and use Bootmii beta v2 (thanks WitoRIT92) =P

If you still getting problems try another SD card.

D

Deleted User

OriginalHamster said:
DMC said:
As you seem to know a lot about this. I can't get my nand to back up on Bootmii. i have tried boo2 and ios. any ideas? Would it be the sd card too full for e.g?

Your NAND backup uses about 560mb or so (I´m not sure), you should use a empty SD to avoid problems (make a backup of your SD on your PC), and use Bootmii version 2.0.

If you still getting problems try another SD card.
is it not bootmii 0.2, they did not even reach that milestone yet lol 2.0 haha

pembo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
BootMii Configuration Editor has been updated to v1.1

Download: Direct Link
http://www.pembo.co.uk

bce11.png

Updates:
  • Resolved a bug that caused a code dump if the bootmii directory did not exist. The bootmii directory is checked for existence on startup and the user is prevent from making changes if the directory does not exist
  • Improved Look & Feel.
First post also modified to include this information.

pembo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been adding internationalisation to BootMii Configuration Editor v2.0
So far, I've only got English and Spanish languages available.

If anyone would like to provide a translation for other languages, please download the settings file from http://www.dpembo.ukfsn.org/BCE/bce_messages.xml, add a new langauge to the list of available langauges, e.g.

and then for every 'entry ' element, add an attribute with the code from the language element (e.g. in the above example the code is fr)

Once you've done all the entries, if you can make the file available to me somehow (upload to a file shareing site or even post the contents here making sure to put it in a code tag) then I'll include it.

Please note, the internationalisation has some issues with none ASCII characters (something to with the XML library I believe) so any translations can not currently use any ’special characters’ outside of the ASCII standard (for example umlauts/accents on letters, or theFrench oe character)

I'm aiming to get this released on the 3rd or 4th of July hopefully, though I'd like to include a few more languages before release.

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Still gotta say again that this wee simple tool is very useful, but I do prefer the old DOS (or console) style layout of the original release. The new version looks like something I coded in Turbo Pascal years ago lol
tongue.gif

No offence meant...I really do like what you've done here!
smile.gif

pembo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You'll like the new version then..

I've just release v2.0 of BootMii Configuration Editor.
Download: Here
Home Page: http://www.pembo.co.uk

Additions:
  • Settings Dialog to change editor settings. This can be accessed by pressing the ‘HOME’ button. The settings are persisted to the langauges file, so if you change the language/skin, whenever you load BootMii Configuration Editor, your selected options will be the default
  • Internationalisation Supported (Currently English & Spanish Langauges available). Further langauges can be added by editing the bce_messages.xml file. See the readme.txt for details of how to do this
  • Skins/Colour Change. The application can now be presented in a number of look & feels. Initially the following skins are available:
    • Windows - Windows Installer/DOS like look/feel with a blue background and grey windows
    • Console - Black background, white text with other colour text to highlight options/selections
    • Inverse Console - White background, black text with other colour text to highlight options/selections
    • Custom Skins can be added by editing the bce_messages.xml file. See the readme.txt for instructions on how to do this
  • On-line new Version Checking. When the Editor is loaded, it performs a check to see if the version running is the latest available version. If a newer version is available, then a message is shown for a few seconds during startup to indicate this. This online checking can be disabled if you do not wish BootMii Configuration Editor to check for a new version or do not have the wii networked. If you wish to disable this check, see the instructions in the readme.txt
Please be careful if you do edit the XML file. A corrupt/non well-formed XML file will result in a Crash of the Wii and will dump the stack to the screen. Ensure you take a backup of the original before attempting to make any custom changes.

Currently you can only use characters in the standard ASCII character set, e.g. [0-9] [a-z] [A-Z]. Some punctuation characters may also cause issue. It is recommended that you do not use characters with any accents/umlauts/etc as this will cause an issue.

If you do create a translation for a new language please let me know and I’ll include it in the next release!

Screen Shots
bce20win.jpg

bce20console.jpg

bce20inverseconsole.jpg

bce20spanish.jpg

Video

pembo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v2.1 of BootMii Configuration Editor has just been released

Download: Here
Home Page: http://www.pembo.co.uk

Additions:
Changes in this release are:

• English, French, Italian Portuguese and Spanish languages available to select from within the settings menu.
    Thank you to the following people who have provided translations
    French: Vlad
    Italian
    : Raiden
    Portuguese: zedascouves
    Spanish
    : Mokona Modoki/Comepiedras
  • Adjustments to the text positioning to cope with some of the longer words that the new translations bring.
  • Game cube controller compatible. Use the D-Pad to move through the options, ‘A’ to select a menu option, and ‘Start’ to bring up the settings menu
  • Boot Delay modified. It can now be changed from 0 up to 10 seconds
  • 576i/480i detection and adjustment. Vertical positioning is adjusted slightly depending on which video mode is selected and the height of the screen
  • Wiimote vibration. Wiimote vibrates when you enter the start menu
  • BootMii Configuration Editor Logo always shows in bottom right corner
  • Wii Power Button now turns off wii without having to hold for 5 seconds
  • Wii Reset Button now resets the console
  • Power button on wiimote now powers down the wii
bce21eng.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf