Boot Wii System Menu using dol file

Fudgie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, the obvious way to fix my issue is using a GameCube controller, however I don’t have any and it’s a 3 day delivery turnaround so looking for alternatives. I have preloader 0.29 configured with an auto forwarder to usb loader gx. WiiMotes are not synchronised and obviously the preloader version does not have the power/reset navigation options.

I also don’t have bootmii as boot2.

What I can do is replace the usbloader gx boot.dol file to another dol file. I’ve tried the HBC but synchronising doesn’t work from there when booted this way.

What i’m looking for is a dol file that will boot into the system menu without any buttons required (unless power/reset navigation is enabled).

There is a system menu loader dol but annoyingly needs “launch” to be selected, shame an automatic countdown wasn’t enabled.

Any ideas people? Essentially I need a dol file that will somehow get me into the system menu without needing a button press. Thanks!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, you can use BootMii Config Editor to edit the boot delay time to your liking. Like setting it to 3 or 5 sec for example, then it'd boot and goes to to the health & safety screen. Btw, If you don't have a GC controller, just remove the sd card before turning the Wii on. then turn it on, and when it is in the home menu, plug the sd card and launch the Homebrew Channel so you can launch BootMii Config Editor from there, and change the settings.

Fudgie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*removed because I get a spam warning*

rename "loadPriiloader.dol" from the archive to "boot.dol"
I don’t see what this is achieving? I can load Priiloader fine holding the reset button. Doing this just causes a loop (PriiLoader->dol file->back to priiloader). Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u remove the sd/usb, priiloader's installed forwarder dol will not find gx's boot.dol, and should automatically take u to the system menu. If it doesn't maybe your installed forwarder dol is some random inferior forwarder, or maybe it's not a forwarder at all and actually the boot.dol of an older version of gx itself. If gx loads without sd or usb plugged in, then it is most certainly not a forwarder dol u have installed

Fudgie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If u remove the sd/usb, priiloader's installed forwarder dol will not find gx's boot.dol, and should automatically take u to the system menu. If it doesn't maybe your installed forwarder dol is some random inferior forwarder, or maybe it's not a forwarder at all and actually the boot.dol of an older version of gx itself. If gx loads without sd or usb plugged in, then it is most certainly not a forwarder dol u have installed
Hi, that’s not correct. If the forwarder fails then it restarts the wii which in turn will reload Priiloader and the process loops over and over again. The forwarder dol was installed correctly in Preloader and correctly loads the dol file on the sod card. This is the default boot option, not the system menu. Removing the card sends it in a constant reboot loop, keeping the card in loads usb loader gx or any dol file I replace it with. Looks like a gc controller is my only option 😩

Fudgie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So for others in a similar situation where you do have a band backup before installing preloader….. I downloaded the bootmii IOS launcher to load into bootmii and then restored my band backup.

If you don’t have a band backup there must still be a dol file out there that would load to system menu but I cannot find one. I tried the tiny load method to load the dvd but I think the conversion of elf to dol made it not run. Bootmii also won’t load anything off the sd card.

Good luck 🤞🏼

Fudgie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So for others in a similar situation where you do have a band backup before installing preloader….. I downloaded the bootmii IOS launcher to load into bootmii and then restored my band backup.

If you don’t have a band backup there must still be a dol file out there that would load to system menu but I cannot find one. I tried the tiny load method to load the dvd but I think the conversion of elf to dol made it not run. Bootmii also won’t load anything off the sd card.

Good luck 🤞🏼
I spoke too soon. For reasons I understand but find annoying, you cannot restore a band without a GC controller to enter the KONAMI code. I wrote the above whilst making an extra backup. So I’m still on the hunt for a usable dol file. I do at least have access to bootmii now but nothing seems to load from the as card menu.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello, the obvious way to fix my issue is using a GameCube controller, however I don’t have any and it’s a 3 day delivery turnaround so looking for alternatives. I have preloader 0.29 configured with an auto forwarder to usb loader gx. WiiMotes are not synchronised and obviously the preloader version does not have the power/reset navigation options.

I also don’t have bootmii as boot2.

What I can do is replace the usbloader gx boot.dol file to another dol file. I’ve tried the HBC but synchronising doesn’t work from there when booted this way.

What i’m looking for is a dol file that will boot into the system menu without any buttons required (unless power/reset navigation is enabled).

There is a system menu loader dol but annoyingly needs “launch” to be selected, shame an automatic countdown wasn’t enabled.

Any ideas people? Essentially I need a dol file that will somehow get me into the system menu without needing a button press. Thanks!
Power/reset navigation should be in 0.29, I remember starting with 0.28 and I'm, pretty sure it was in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0