Books on pursuasion - do they actually work

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,019
  • Replies 2
D

Deleted User

OP
So I've been looking at the books "Mind Control Mastery" and "Methods of Pursuasion" on Amazon. I dont see Mind Control Mastery on my favourite torrent sites and I must be out of my f#$%ing mind because I'm actually thinking of spending real money on it. Before I put my money down I want to ask if the books actually deliver what their titles promise. Both have good Amazon reviews, but I don't think that they're the best indicator of the amount of factual (and lack of fictional) information in a book.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue is many times books like that are based off of pseudosciences and what not to generate sales. A real good book on the topic is based upon science and are written by actual people who are considered experts in the field who don't compromise science for sales

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, there is no real science to persuasion. Or I suppose there might be, but there isn't a foolproof method for everyone. Ultimately books on persuasion are trying to use their very own methods into persuading you that their methods work. In the long run, it completely depends on who you are as a person, how much stock you put in the written word of those considered non-experts, and I suppose your personal level of desperation. Few things in life will teach you the skills you need than legitimate experience, so it's best you keep that in mind. Just because you read it in these books doesn't mean they are proven methods, or that they are foolproof in any conceivable way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!