Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Title says it all really.

Anyway the last year or so has seen me get over my lack of desire to read fiction, part of that might have been audiobooks, part of that might have been getting an on bed laptop/bedside PC. Either way I am reading a lot of stuff.

Part of that has seen me find several that I really like. However even if I like the author, their style of writing, the world they built and would happily read another ten books in the franchise, or find something else to do as I eagerly await the next entry, I can never bring myself to get through the prequels. I have tried but nothing seems to catch me long enough to get into it. Now the idea that prequels are often lazy cash ins is nothing new, especially in fantasy/sci fi which tends to be my chosen type of book, but I struggle to believe it is that common, especially when the authors so often do everything else properly.

Do you read prequel books? Games, films, TV shows and whatever else I often like the prequels, earlier events from a different angle and "ten years earlier" things but so rarely in books.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If there's a series I like, I enjoy watching/reading/playing it chronologically.

If I've already played/read/watched something and they release a prequel, i have no problems reading/playing/watching it as long as its good.
But I honestly prefer a straight forward timeline,

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I don't usually read a prequel book. Most of the time prequel books are just there to add more back-story or fill in a few details. In every prequel book I've read the end result of the book was already generally known thanks to the book written before it.

Prequels just aren't for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw