Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
RupeeClock said:
Zarkz said:
how many points are required to beat it?
500 points, or 50 lines.

I'm not sure, the graphics are hard to see because of all the flashing shit, I didn't pay attention.
Dood! You gotta be kidding me!

I got only 5 lines or so, the bricks' shape are shit, no joke. It's not logical it's beatable lol

Anyway, is there anything to do outside other than playing Tetrids?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
Dood! You gotta be kidding me!

I got only 5 lines or so, the bricks' shape are shit, no joke. It's not logical it's beatable lol

Anyway, is there anything to do outside other than playing Tetrids?
Sure, you can go electrocute yourself with MS paint scribbles.
bobsgraphics.gif

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
So it took him 5 years to do that? Or was it thrown together at the last minute when he realized he couldn't back up his own hype?

He had a 100 day viral campaign with nothing to sell. He fooled no one with it and him exposing how he did it just made everything seem even more bush league.

As for the game, it's not Bob's Game. It's "Cardboard Boxes 2: The Immovable Object." I find it annoying in professionally done games if occasionally a walkway is blocked by a vase or a rock or useless artwork. But this game takes that annoyance and puts it EVERYWHERE. Really, I can't go out the front door because a TABLE is in front of it? And not just an recently moved in, still packed up table, but one that's fully set up with chairs? The hell?

And the bottom screen, which Bob has played so close to his chest, turns out to be just a zoomed out view of the exact same thing playing on the top screen 99% of the time. Was the "Gantendo GameToy" his secret weapon? Retro Game Challenge did that better than he could ever do with his crappy Tetris clone.

What we have is a second rate RPG maker game that consists of only fetch quests made of clones of popular Game Boy games programmed to make them suck. It's like putting the nostalgia glasses on a dog and finding out that he can't understand a lick of what he's seeing.

As for it being the best game ever? Well in the past few weeks we've had Henry Hatsworth, GTA Chinatown Wars, Suikoden Tierkreis, Space Invaders Extreme 2, Retro Game Challenge 2 (in Japan), My World My Way, Pokemon Platnium, TrackMania DS, Valkyrie Profile, Avalon Code, Legacy of Ys Book I and II, Blue Dragon Plus, Peggle Dual Shot, Puzzle Quest Galactrix, Dragon Quest V, Rhythm Heaven, and even a charming surprise game like Boing Docomodoke. All these games are more fun, more innovative, and go against his whole viral campaigns message that the DS is nothing but shovelware.

B

ball2012003

Donato_Dobango said:
So it took him 5 years to do that? Or was it thrown together at the last minute when he realized he couldn't back up his own hype?

He had a 100 day viral campaign with nothing to sell. He fooled no one with it and him exposing how he did it just made everything seem even more bush league.

As for the game, it's not Bob's Game. It's "Cardboard Boxes 2: The Immovable Object." I find it annoying in professionally done games if occasionally a walkway is blocked by a vase or a rock or useless artwork. But this game takes that annoyance and puts it EVERYWHERE. Really, I can't go out the front door because a TABLE is in front of it? And not just an recently moved in, still packed up table, but one that's fully set up with chairs? The hell?

And the bottom screen, which Bob has played so close to his chest, turns out to be just a zoomed out view of the exact same thing playing on the top screen 99% of the time. Was the "Gantendo GameToy" his secret weapon? Retro Game Challenge did that better than he could ever do with his crappy Tetris clone.

What we have is a second rate RPG maker game that consists of only fetch quests made of clones of popular Game Boy games programmed to make them suck. It's like putting the nostalgia glasses on a dog and finding out that he can't understand a lick of what he's seeing.

As for it being the best game ever? Well in the past few weeks we've had Henry Hatsworth, GTA Chinatown Wars, Suikoden Tierkreis, Space Invaders Extreme 2, Retro Game Challenge 2 (in Japan), My World My Way, Pokemon Platnium, TrackMania DS, Valkyrie Profile, Avalon Code, Legacy of Ys Book I and II, Blue Dragon Plus, Peggle Dual Shot, Puzzle Quest Galactrix, Dragon Quest V, Rhythm Heaven, and even a charming surprise game like Boing Docomodoke. All these games are more fun, more innovative, and go against his whole viral campaigns message that the DS is nothing but shovelware.
this was just a demo
thats why you were limited on what to do

cleverconveyence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how how went on that gigantic rant, and all of two sentence fragments of common knowledge/paying attention can refuted it all.
though he forgot to mention that the eponymous title within the universe of Bob's Game is the greatest game ever made. Of course, he'd know this if he spent less time ranting like a vapid, indignant 15-year-old and more time doing his homework.

Also, I beat Tetrid again. I documented the end cutscene with photos. Might upload later when I'm less burnt out.

cleverconveyence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xCuteBunnyx said:
So, what is this Tetrid what is it like? Lol SS of it?
Keep in mind guys, not everyone will like one game.

Tetris = 4 blocks
Tetrid = 3 blocks (triad?)

think all the tetris blocks with a corner taken out. Makes it surprisingly interesting. Granted, it's the first game, and a "you should probably lose this fight but you COULD win" kind of situation (like Nemesis at the beginning of RE3), so there will be a lot more games. I'm not sure if Bob gave a number, but it's a lot. I know that "Tetrid" and the eponymous game are two of them, obz.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ball2012003 said:
they are angry because bob made them cry

Bob only accomplished one thing with his viral advertising, getting everyone ready to bash his game when they get to play it.

Otherwise it would've just been "That cool homebrew project that's kinda neat, nothing special", but his bullshit raised everyones expectations, like it would be a commercial quality game.
(And it had to compete with a stellar month of DS releases too)

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
this was just a demo
thats why you were limited on what to do

Then it fails at everything a demo is supposed to do.

What if the demo for Doom included no enemies, only the keycard puzzles in a maze that all looked the same? How many copies would it sell?

I'm not angry at Bob. I'm also not going to bullshit and call this the greatest game ever made. He put some crap video game clones in an RPG maker-quality fetch quest game. Great for him. There are 18 different RPGs released in the past 3 months that look better than this and Retro Game Challenge does a better job at paying homage to games without looking like crap while doing so.

Bob started a protest to get a game full of Nintendo trademark infringement made by Nintendo. That didn't work, so he cried and claimed it was all planned and "viral advertising." But what did it sell? This crap demo? There are actual games made for homebrew, games that realize that being able to pause is a pretty good feature or that the bottom screen should be used for something other than a zoomed out top screen. Or that running shouldn't look like someone just sped the game up 8 times over.

QUOTEI like how how went on that gigantic rant, and all of two sentence fragments of common knowledge/paying attention can refuted it all.
though he forgot to mention that the eponymous title within the universe of Bob's Game is the greatest game ever made. Of course, he'd know this if he spent less time ranting like a vapid, indignant 15-year-old and more time doing his homework.

Also, I beat Tetrid again. I documented the end cutscene with photos. Might upload later when I'm less burnt out.

So I was ranting like Bob and every character in this video game so far?

If he spent 5 years on this, and it looks and plays this bad with a storyline this horrible, I have to question anyone's sanity for praising him. What this "viral marketing" has proved is Bob is full of backpeddling and outright lies with little to no actual creativity or talent to back it up.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was like I said many pages ago in this thread, the game didn't look all that great to me anyway. Apparently, I was right.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jonny suave said:
I hoping for a GBAtemp/Bob's Game collaborative April Fool's Joke this year. Maybe he 'uploads' the game here, and everyone runs it, but it's actually a virus that destroys your flashcart. And Nintendo was behind the whole thing.. bob's game AND GBAtemp...
biggrin.gif

you know sound great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol