Blue and yellow "Fortnite Fleet Force" Switch Joy-Cons to release this summer

pLV5MIm.png

Last year, Nintendo released a Switch console that came with blue and yellow Joy-Con controllers and a themed dock. Now, a pair of separate Fortnite-themed Joy-Cons have been announced for a standalone release this summer. While the Joy-Cons that came with the limited edition Switch were yellow on the left and blue on the right, this new "Fortnite Fleet Force" package swaps the colors on the respective Joy-Cons. Those that pick up the bundle will also get 500 V-Bucks and some in-game cosmetics. The Fortnite Joy-Cons will be available June 4th.

:arrow: Source

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great, now i can experience joycon drift in an even larger variety of colors.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

great, now i can experience joycon drift in an even larger variety of colors.
not even kidding. all but 2 of these controllers don't drift.

Attachments

• aaaa.jpg
    aaaa.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 177

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't like that they made a trendy game
It's a game comprised entirely of recycled trends, that's what I hate most about it. Gameplay is PUBG + Minecraft, aesthetic is WoW's, dances/emotes are all stolen without any credit to their original creators. On top of which, the skins are all characters from other games, I guess so that you can try to forget you're playing Fortnite for a few seconds at a time while playing it.

People can play what they want, it just feels weird that a creatively-bankrupt game like this ever managed to gain any sort of popularity. It'd be like Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale becoming a record-breaking smash hit.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Gameplay is PUBG + Minecraft
I don't usually respond to fortnite hate posts because I'm ok with others having opinions, but I just wanna say, fortnite's building and Minecraft's building are completely different

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't usually respond to fortnite hate posts because I'm ok with others having opinions, but I just wanna say, fortnite's building and Minecraft's building are completely different
Yeah I suppose "Minecraft" is a bit too specific, I was using it more as a stand-in for survival-crafting mechanics in general. With how hard the developers were chasing trends, I'm just surprised they didn't try to throw MOBA mechanics in there too.

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel Epic could have done a lot better when coming up with a design for these, the Mr Peely face practically shoehorned into the home button is kinda creepy, I mean even just having "Fortnite" in black along the sides would have been better.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bet these have extra drift, lol

Still drifts? Still drifts. Nintendo without Iwata is immoral. The Nintendo seal of quality means nothing.
Tbh, it never meant shit, just a lie to make people believe anything with that stamp meant "quality".
There's so much garbage with that sticker on it, lmao.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Tbh, it never meant shit, just a lie to make people believe anything with that stamp meant "quality".
There's so much garbage with that sticker on it, lmao.
I don't know about "never," I'd say most Gamecube-era stuff and older held up about as well as the Nokia brick phones. I remember kids literally and figuratively beating the crap out of their controllers, carts, and consoles and all of 'em still functioning. Newer stuff, yeah, seems to be a race to the bottom in terms of thickness of plastics and quality of components. Doubly so for smaller components.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know about "never," I'd say most Gamecube-era stuff and older held up about as well as the Nokia brick phones. I remember kids literally and figuratively beating the crap out of their controllers, carts, and consoles and all of 'em still functioning. Newer stuff, yeah, seems to be a race to the bottom in terms of thickness of plastics and quality of components. Doubly so for smaller components.
Oh, when saying what I said, I had more in mind the games than the hardware. So much shovelware with that seal of "quality", eh.
For controller and such, yeah, would say before the wii, most of Nintendo's stuff was ultra solid, I mean... an effing original brick gameboy survived a nuclear bomb ffs. But after the wii, quality began to slowly drop, until now it doesn't drop, it drifts, lmao.

Man, Nintendo sure got... so awful now, I used to think of them as the only good videogame company, eh.
Sigh.

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even Fortnite fans agree the banana skins are ugly as sin and nobody uses them, let alone owns them. I never, EVER see a real person using them in a lobby, and whenever they're brought up in-game, my party's quick to say "Eugh, why." So I'm pretty surprised they used peely to promote these.. I'd probably buy them if it wasn't for the foul eyes.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wait -

will also get 500 V-Bucks and some in-game cosmetics
FUCK OFF, EPIC. 500 of your bullshit-fake-currency-that-only-exists-to-obfuscate-how-much-cash-one-spends is flat-out insulting, and "some" cosmetics? Hopefully they're not exclusives or some of the arbitrarily-ultra-rare cosmetics.

...Why couldn't they just have been plain ol' blue and yellow JoyCons, huh? Would that be too much to ask?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup