Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A plucky homebrewer has been working on a port of the quite brilliant arcade title, Black Tiger.

From DSfanboy
"We didn't even know that we wanted Black Tiger ported to the DS, but now that programmer Alekmaul has revealed that he's working on a homebrew emulator for the Capcom arcade game, we are all over this business like hair on the floor of a barber shop. Really, it's quite disgusting.

Alekmaul hasn't revealed much about the project, except that it's coming this September sporting a 60 fps frame rate, likely without any sound due to technical difficulties implementing the audio. For now, you'll have to settle with the screenshots below!

If this is your first time hearing about the game, Black Tiger was originally released to arcades in 1987 before later being ported to various home computer systems and game compilations for the PSP/PS2/Xbox 360. Designed to be the spiritual successor to Ghosts 'n Goblins, the game stars a barbarian on a quest to slay three dragons."

Really looking forward to playing this again, I really can't remember the last time I played it. Also perhaps this could lead to more of Capcoms great arcade games being ported over.

Here is what the original looked like in motion:

mortys

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
That's a great news but I'm surprised when Alek says that sound is very difficult to emulate as Flubba (if I remember well) put some sound (not the music but the sound FX) in the GBA versions he made many years ago. Maybe Alek can use the source to implement sound in the DS version.

wii_go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes another capcom great arcade game for ur DS, thx and waiting now............ heu... waiting long time... or not so long ?????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm hearing shots, I'm scared. :(