Homebrew best XBMC-style media player for wii?

ext23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all, i am new to the world of wii homebrew but i have been using XBMC on my original xbox for years. i know XBMC hasn't been/probably won't be ported to the wii in the foreseeable future so i have started looking into alternatives.

geexbox and mplayer CE seem to be the most common but i am open to other suggestions. i've heard about an upcoming project called 'miidia' which sounds promising if it ever really gets off the ground.

i don't really need to be able to playback DVDs at all. features i absolutely require are SMB network sharing, support for a large variety of formats and containers, as well as extensive subtitle support. IMDB lookups and library features akin to XBMC would be a huge bonus as well.

also on that point, which has the nicer UI/skins? i don't need hi-res output at this point in time, i'm just using standard component inputs and an old TV.

thanks in advance.
darren

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
1/ hi-res (720p an so on) is not possible and never will
2/Wii Miidia is vaporware
3/ mplayer CE is the best media player so far, at least the most updated... the GUI is not outstanding but decent, they are apparently in the process of redesign (using libwiigui as everybody ?)

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Yeah thanx to Tantric
smile.gif
just going to be hard to integrate and change calls.

ext23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sounds good. just checked out a video on youtube. i hope there is some kind of new skin released soon which makes browsing for files easier, like the XBMC explorer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg