Best possible way to waste $10 and not regret it whatsoever

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSA: Never pirate metal or Lars Ulrich will send your ass to jail.

What are you talking about? I don't believe I was advocating piracy, perhaps you misread my quote. What I meant to the OP is it makes little sense to ask for the music that I would buy. The OP should buy music based on what they like, not on what I like, unless they like metal. I like metal and I can give suggestions for what to buy. Also I don't pirate music (if you are accusing me of piracy, then go fuck yourself, I just bought a digital album by the Estonian band URT yesterday for 12 Euros, and have a CD collection as well).

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about? I don't believe I was advocating piracy, perhaps you misread my quote. What I meant to the OP is it makes little sense to ask for the music that I would buy. The OP should buy music based on what they like, not on what I like, unless they like metal. I like metal and I can give suggestions for what to buy. Also I don't pirate music (if you are accusing me of piracy, then go fuck yourself, I just bought a digital album by the Estonian band URT yesterday for 12 Euros, and have a CD collection as well).
I know just a joke and sorry if you got the wrong idea as I did not mean it that way. But anyhow, I do agree with you as I myself am really against recommending music just because it is so subjective as we all have different taste (heck that goes for all media really).

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know just a joke and sorry if you got the wrong idea as I did not mean it that way. But anyhow, I do agree with you as I myself am really against recommending music just because it is so subjective as we all have different taste (heck that goes for all media really).

Ah okay. My bad, I didn't understand the joke. But your right about Lars dragging pirates to Jail. And yes it is hard to recommend music, or any media since everyone's taste is so different, something that one of us would enjoy might be hated by everyone else. My recommendation though for the music and OP is to find what they like the most, and if it is something they haven't bought yet then buy that or the singles or whatever song they like for 10 dollars and be satisfied for 3-4 weeks of listening to it.

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay. My bad, I didn't understand the joke. But your right about Lars dragging pirates to Jail. And yes it is hard to recommend music, or any media since everyone's taste is so different, something that one of us would enjoy might be hated by everyone else. My recommendation though for the music and OP is to find what they like the most, and if it is something they haven't bought yet then buy that or the singles or whatever song they like for 10 dollars and be satisfied for 3-4 weeks of listening to it.
Yeah, I'm a Metalhead too. Makes me feel a little bad sometimes though, cuz most of the bands I like suck or don't exist anymore. or they're so underground no one's heard of them. probably gonna get hate for this, but my favorite Metallica Album is Load. yes, Load. St. Anger is second, followed by Justice in third. gotta love Corrosion of Conformity and Tool, too. I was the frontman for a band called "Killer Sushi" for a while before we renamed ourselves, and subsequently died in a shitstorm of creative differences sleeping with each other's wives and excess alcohol. I did no sleeping, nor drinking, but still we failed at life.

Reactions: Condarkness

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm a Metalhead too. Makes me feel a little bad sometimes though, cuz most of the bands I like suck or don't exist anymore. or they're so underground no one's heard of them. probably gonna get hate for this, but my favorite Metallica Album is Load. yes, Load. St. Anger is second, followed by Justice in third. gotta love Corrosion of Conformity and Tool, too. I was the frontman for a band called "Killer Sushi" for a while before we renamed ourselves, and subsequently died in a shitstorm of creative differences sleeping with each other's wives and excess alcohol. I did no sleeping, nor drinking, but still we failed at life.

Being a metalhead no hate will come from me. I like load a lot and respect that its your favorite album. On other hand my favorite from Metallica will almost always be ride the lightning. Yeah I understand about feeling bad. My parents don't like metal at all, and neither do most of my close friends. I too enjoy underground bands a lot, the band I mentioned earlier URT, is in fact underground or at least was. Probably my favorite band though is Death. May want to check those guys out if you enjoy old school death, or a more thrashy sound.

That's how lot of bands go these day, still that's pretty nuts, sleeping with other's wives and alcohol is a deadly combination. But at least you guys aren't immortal and mayhem. If any bands have taught us that that it's normal to have disagreements, its these guys, at least we're not as crazy as they are.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should start doing the 70/30 thing. 70% of the money that comes in, you spend or save for something you want to buy. 30% is invested or put into a savings account to never be used except to invest for gaining more money (stocks, bonds, etc). Best way to get an edge on the whole making money thing if you've got enough money to live off the 70%. lol I'm a poor college student so it's hard for me, but folks with real jobs should try and manage it.
If you have money that you don't know what to do with, save it. I will NEVER understand why people would want to spend money for literally no reason. If you just hit the lottery or have millions to your name, sure... Otherwise, it makes no sense. Put it in the bank and then you will have it for when you actually WANT to have it. You want a solid idea on what to do with it? Put it in a retirement account and keep putting money in there every week if you have a job. Put in 20% every week and even with a shit pay job you will easily have 6 figures by the time you retire.
Already said that.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
congrats? and not quite the same :P
30% is invested or put into a savings account to never be used except to invest for gaining more money (stocks, bonds, etc).
So when DOES this money-you-never-touch get spent? Retirement maybe? Besides a few words and numbers, its exactly the same. And I'm not looking for your praise, just pointing out your post is useless.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by MadMageKefka,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when DOES this money-you-never-touch get spent? Retirement maybe? Besides a few words and numbers, its exactly the same. And I'm not looking for your praise, just pointing out your post is useless.
there's investments, bonds, ect.

and you keep the capital in savings, yes. any profit from investment of savings is also split 70/30, or reinvest all of it if you want. so you can spend 70% of the profits if you'd like. motivation to invest more and invest better.

once you reach retirement i suppose you could raid it...but this is a means to get more money, not just save better for retirement (though can be)

sorry i wasn't clear enough to avoid confusing

Last edited by osaka35,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?