Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
adminrspostmainaspx.jpg

QUOTE said:
Here's some movie buzz we weren't expecting! Rumor has it Miley Cyrus is being courted to play a role in the upcoming sequel to The Dark Knight.

Apparently Miley is being considered for the role of Batgirl, starring opposite Christian Bale! Talk about a step up from Hannah Montana! The Globe's Loosch Lips column broke the news, saying Miley recently "stunned" producers at Warner Brothers in a full batsuit trying to pitch herself.

The insider says, "She was sort of hopping around the room and had even written some dialogue for herself. The problem is, some people aren't really convinced Miley has the acting chops to pull it of."

We smell bulls**t on this one. We think Miley is definitely ready to move on from her tween projects, but The Dark Knight franchise seems a little grown up for her. Plus, we highly doubt Miley's mom, who is her manager, would allow her to show up to Warner Brothers in a batsuit!

Source

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was contemplating summoning Captain Picard to perform a certain hands and face gesture, but that's too much effort to search google images for this girl. Especially since this is an unfounded rumor.

I detest Hannah Montana for some reason. And I don't like Miley either. This is so fake, it smells like feces. If it turns out to be true though (which had better not happen), I shall be back to invoke Captain Picard himself for a good old fashioned facepalm. There is always the facepalm. Remember this Batman casters.

(by the way, Christian Bale said once that if they ever introduced Robin in the series, he would then quit the Batman movies. I doubt he'd allow them to do Batgirl either since she's almost the same)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
A girl who lives a double life as a famous pop singer named Hannah Montana by night and a crimefighting martial artist named Batgirl, also by night, concealing her real identity from the public, other than her close friends and family. That she may or may not have, seeing as how all parents tend to drop dead in Batman.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Just so no one takes this too seriously, this is absolute hokum.

A) The producers have stated that Robin and other such Bat-sidekicks will never be in the films in a costumed identity capacity, as they feel those characters are the single biggest factor that contributed to the downfall of the film franchise.

As do I. It's impossible to put a little boy in bright red, green, and yellow tights, send him out into the night to fight crime at the age of 10, and expect that to seem even slightly realistic or at home with the concept. It works in the comics and less realistic adaptions of the material because of suspension of disbelief, but it wouldn't be in keeping with the Begins/TDK approach to Batman.

B) Barbara Gordon (AKA the most well-known alias of Batgirl) is like 8 years old in The Dark Knight. They'd have to make this movie take place no less than 8 years in the future to make this idea possible. And again, see point A for how they've already gone on the record as saying it won't be happening in this franchise.

So there you go, this is just Hollywood gossip bullshit at it's best. No better than that frequent rumor that Chere, a 63 year-old singer who to my knowledge hasn't done anything close to acting in decades, is playing Catwoman.
tongue.gif

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
I was contemplating summoning Captain Picard to perform a certain hands and face gesture, but that's too much effort to search google images for this girl. Especially since this is an unfounded rumor.

I detest Hannah Montana for some reason. And I don't like Miley either. This is so fake, it smells like feces. If it turns out to be true though (which had better not happen), I shall be back to invoke Captain Picard himself for a good old fashioned facepalm. There is always the facepalm. Remember this Batman casters.

(by the way, Christian Bale said once that if they ever introduced Robin in the series, he would then quit the Batman movies. I doubt he'd allow them to do Batgirl either since she's almost the same)
Here you go
picardfacepalm2.jpg

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like Sonic sez

QUOTE said:
That's no good

Batman needs mature actors not a fail valley girl tween sensation, Warner Brothers needs to lay off the crystal meth and cocaine,they know this makes no sense, I hope this is fake because this is a kick in the face for all fans of Batman.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
triassic911 said:
What? Have you seen her act? She's horrible. Why would ANYONE go insane over this?
It was intended as insane in the bad way, I do believe.

But seriously folks, read my above post, not going to happen. They'd have to replace ever major party in the production area of development the from movie, and some actors, including Christian Bale, to get the OK with this. Christian Bale for Miley Cyrus... yeah, I don't see that trade being made.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ace Gunman said:
B) Barbara Gordon (AKA the most well-known alias of Batgirl) is like 8 years old in The Dark Knight. They'd have to make this movie take place no less than 8 years in the future to make this idea possible. And again, see point A for how they've already gone on the record as saying it won't be happening in this franchise.

So there you go, this is just Hollywood gossip bullshit at it's best. No better than that frequent rumor that Chere, a 63 year-old singer who to my knowledge hasn't done anything close to acting in decades, is playing Catwoman.
tongue.gif
I really doubt they'd think that critically.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
If it wasn't for Vidboy's source link I'd have called this a troll...though who's to say that Hollyscoop isn't throwing that "article" out to the 'Net-winds to increase site traffic?

All they need now is a "source close to the production" to say that one of the Jonas brothers is slated to play Robin.
smileipb2.png

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I am a Batman fan and don't have a clue who this girl is. Judging from the reply's here I haven't missed anything. They had that horrible cross-eyed girl in Batman Begins and the movie still turned out fine, so I dont care
tongue.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kalmis said:
I am a Batman fan and don't have a clue who this girl is. Judging from the reply's here I shouldn't either.

Miley Cyrus- A valley girl who has a sucky show called Hannah Montana and a movie which is purely meh, the problem is that she can barely act, can't dance well to save her life, and her singing is mediocre and the fans are such idiots that they don't realize they are following a complete failure. She killed the Disney Channel which used to be really epic stuff back in the day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet