• NVidia GPU
  • No controller modules, just detachable sides that can be reversed
  • Separated D-pad design, similar to dualshock controller
  • "Share" button included in controller
  • Some form of dock, may or may not improve performance
  • Dock has both USB 2.0 and 3.0 support
  • Power is below both XBone and PS4.
  • Battery for mobile mode is crap, is in need of improvement
  • Console will not be delayed, Nintendo is actually AHEAD of development schedule

now when they say POWER, what if theyre talking about powerconsumption, wouldnt that be something else.

I have always been guessing what the huge gimmick/innovation is going to be and i stick with what i have written in the past.
It will have some sort of motion capture controls and eye tracking technology implemented in.
But for the "console" itself i dont think it will be a home console or a handheld device with the recent Nintendo Direct and its ongoing involvement with the 2ds and 3ds through 2017.
Im thinking its something along the lines of small scale holograms like this

avengers_pullvp-02.png

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
apparently all you need is glass
That's more of an illusion than actual hologram. Real holograms changes with point of observation, very scalable in size and can be projected into air without a giant frame.
Just renting hologram projector can take over $1000 each time.

Last edited by Yil,

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're all going to be hyped for the console and games that follow regardless of how Nintendo approaches this, but Nintendo needs to realize they need to hype up other audiences.

Not mentioning a date for the announcement right now is troublesome. It's going to feel underwhelming if it's announced so close to the release.

*edit That being said, though - even with a weak launch it'll still probably be awesome after a year or so. The 3DS was pretty weak in the beginning, but now it's obviously awesome and successful. Assuming that the NX is successfully marketed as a new Nintendo Handheld.

Last edited by appleburger,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're all going to be hyped for the console and games that follow regardless of how Nintendo approaches this, but Nintendo needs to realize they need to hype up other audiences.

Not mentioning a date for the announcement right now is troublesome. It's going to feel underwhelming if it's announced so close to the release.
Look up the DS release, I think that's what they're trying to unsuccessfully replicate right now

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the DS was revealed at E3, though, and the release wasn't announced until September. I may be wrong, though.
Huh, I guess I'm remembering things incorrectly :T Either way, though, the entire hype of the DS was built on the fact that Reggie announced the DS so close to the release that it was a matter of waiting basically 2-3 months until it actually released

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T stand for Tokyo, which is the capital of Japan.
Nintendo don't really bother with TGS, but TGS might be the last convention this year. PS4 pro's feedback doesn't seem very positive.
I mean, that would be nice, but somehow I don't see that happening :T

6358971871750487511548252132_x_files___i_want_to_believe_by_ramaelk-d4zlmrd.jpg

If you look at the sales of ps4 vs wiiu in Japan, its almost dead even, but if you look at US and UK, its not. They WANT the japanese support because Nintendo IS japanese. Japanese players are mainly handheld people.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you look at the sales of ps4 vs wiiu in Japan, its almost dead even, but if you look at US and UK, its not. They WANT the japanese support because Nintendo IS japanese. Japanese players are mainly handheld people.
DO you think TGS is the last chance to talk about the nx this year beside 'Nintendo Direct'.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I'm saying, they already have the support of the Japanese market. It's the western audience that they need to be convincing right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw