Gaming Banned consoles back online in Xbox Live

BenJeremy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometime today (around 4pm EST?), Xbox Live started allowing previously banned consoles back online.

Not sure how long it will last. Game updates and Netflix do not work, but Gold users have reported the ability to play online games (if no update is needed), and silver users should be able to access demos, trailers, and DLC.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Holy shit its true. :0

Its asking me to update, but is it safe?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gonna update my banned & modded system
then take it offline so it doesnt flag my profile if I move it there to ply burnt games

BenJeremy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:

I installed the update that came on the Portal 2 disc. That seems to be the current update.

Keep in mind, some backups might not work, since it enables AP25 - make sure you are running LT+ firmware. Not a biggie, but you may need to re-rip a few games.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
BenJeremy said:
jan777 said:

I installed the update that came on the Portal 2 disc. That seems to be the current update.

Keep in mind, some backups might not work, since it enables AP25 - make sure you are running LT+ firmware. Not a biggie, but you may need to re-rip a few games.

Ahh, well, I dont have a way to update my drive to LT+ (bought xbox premodded), so Im thinking of giving up AP25 games or the current update. :0

Well, I mainly want to connect to xbox live to play thos arcade games using the profile trick.

@Joe: cant you update via USB?

Thanks for the info!
smile.gif

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
XXLANCEXX said:
but for some reason they wont let you do updates

Which sucks, because you cant really use live without updating.
frown.gif

Im going to try updating through USB later (family using the TV) and see if it works, ill update here.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just update games using USB or another console. Too bad banned profiles don't work. I have one with over 20000 MS points on it
frown.gif

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
the usb update download from microsofts site is going like 5kbps...

Its going pretty fast for me.
unsure.gif

------
Slightly off topic : Hmm, Im thinking of doing this to keep my ap25 games functionality, is this still working?

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
Joe88 said:

unsure.gif

------
Slightly off topic : Hmm, Im thinking of doing this to keep my ap25 games functionality, is this still working?
Yes, but only if your running dashboard 9199 or lower. Also, most games released around or after Bulletstorm will require an update that removes the ability to play the 3 AP25 games using this trick.

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shit, so now I could finally quickly buy and download the XBLA games I've been missing out on to play..? (none require u to be online/sign in to play, right?) except what if I buy the points and/or get halfway through downloading and the service is revoked again hah...

edit: that spiritual successor to contra by arc system works is out now right? or maybe not in Aus? what other games have I been missing out on. You can buy points online with a credit card yes? anyone know where to do that for Australia?

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Popid said:
Shit, so now I could finally quickly buy and download the XBLA games I've been missing out on to play..? (none require u to be online/sign in to play, right?) except what if I buy the points and/or get halfway through downloading and the service is revoked again hah...

edit: that spiritual successor to contra by arc system works is out now right? or maybe not in Aus? what other games have I been missing out on. You can buy points online with a credit card yes? anyone know where to do that for Australia?
Yes, Hard Corps Uprising is out. Assuming you got banned at the end of 2009, you've missed out on a bunch of games. Some of my favorites are Perfect Dark, Super Meat Boy, and Raskulls. You don't have to be signed in to LIVE to play purchased XBLA games.

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]
Yes, Hard Corps Uprising is out. Assuming you got banned at the end of 2009, you've missed out on a bunch of games. Some of my favorites are Perfect Dark, Super Meat Boy, and Raskulls. You don't have to be signed in to LIVE to play purchased XBLA games.
[/quote]

Awesome, cool thanks. Just checked and Moon Diver not out til may 4, damn heh was already disappointed that I was gonna miss out on that one too. But maybe I can catch up on some of the others. What's the most hassle-free way to buy points these days, if anyone knows? can I just do it online on the box, or on the pc, or..?

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Fudge said:
jan777 said:
Joe88 said:

unsure.gif

------
Yes, but only if your running dashboard 9199 or lower. Also, most games released around or after Bulletstorm will require an update that removes the ability to play the 3 AP25 games using this trick.

Damn. I can play Fable 3 in my 360, and it has like Ixtreme 1.6 and I forgot what dash.

Is the 3 games the only ones with AP25? if so, I could just update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm going to melt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do people on YouTube keep making themselves glow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +1
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: omg same, it's VERY hot here, too