'Baldur’s Gate 3' to officially launch almost a month early on PC but PS5 version delayed by a week

baldurs gate 3.jpg

Today, developer Larian Studios have made an unusual announcement in the video games industry: that their upcoming game Baldur’s Gate 3 will launch earlier than expected. More specifically, the launch of the PC version of the game has been moved up to August 3rd, instead of the original August 31st date. However, there is a trade-off to this news as the PS5 version of the game has been delayed to September 6, a week later than expected.

This move has likely been influenced to not coincide too closely with the launch of other big titles like Starfield and Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty. To have an idea of what to expect out of Baldur’s Gate 3 ahead of its launch, be sure to check out our review of the Early Access version of the game!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Missterobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Smart move. It's good for PC players and they're telling the PS5 players who can't play Starfield "Play this instead".

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks wonderful. PC first is a nice move. I disconnected my PS5 for over six months already and haven't a reason to connect it back.

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even if you aren't familiar with CRPG, I urge you to play this game. Easily the GOTY for me, even among all the great games released this year.

Reactions: Xzi

PrincessAuggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and my freinds are so hyped to play this. we got as far as we could in our last campaign before being told to eff off until its done

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto