Hardware Bad Motherboard?

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never heard of them before but have you checked your air flow? also have you tried lower setting and having less programs running in the background? I mean the Mobo could be defective but it could be overloaded or poorly insulated/cooled too

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... my airflow is good, although what would be an optimal setup for a good airflow? What settings can I lower? And when I play games, I close out any other running program so nothing gets in the way.

AceWarhead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Programs don't usually block air flow :)
Have you made sure none of your fans are blowing against each other or pulling air from the same place in the case?
Also, what are you using to monitor your temps?
:P I know, I am referring to when he said that too many programs may cause overhearting.
One of my PSU and my CPU fan kinda face the same way ( the one that sucks air ) but this is unavoidable for me, as that's the only location I can place the stuff.
I am using Speccy and CPU-Z

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
:unsure: I cant think of any magic solutions then.
But I like to run HWiNFO ( a temp monitor ) in the background while I play a game or two, then see what my peak temps were.
Then you can adjust your graphics accordingly.
My Idle temp for my motherboard is 30c
Does your CPU run hot? cause it could be what's heating up your motherboard, unless you have a popper heatsink/cooler.

AceWarhead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:unsure: I cant think of any magic solutions then.
But I like to run HWiNFO ( a temp monitor ) in the background while I play a game or two, then see what my peak temps were.
Then you can adjust your graphics accordingly.
My Idle temp for my motherboard is 30c
Does your CPU run hot? cause it could be what's heating up your motherboard, unless you have a popper heatsink/cooler.
No, my CPU usually runs around 20-35C while playing SCII and SMITE, at which point the mobo goes to 60-75C.
All my settings are low-med on both games. Do you suggest lowering the Graphics settings withing AMD VISION Engine Control Center?
Just for reference, my CPU is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819106001

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A motherboard sensor usually refers to the PCH. The PCH controls stuff like the SATA drives, so it might be overheating when accessing the disk a lot. Anyway, yes, your motherboard is faulty.

You can try stuffing some new thermal paste under the PCH's heatsink (if you've got one in the first place) and hope for the best, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

AceWarhead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A motherboard sensor usually refers to the PCH. The PCH controls stuff like the SATA drives, so it might be overheating when accessing the disk a lot. Anyway, yes, your motherboard is faulty.

You can try stuffing some new thermal paste under the PCH's heatsink (if you've got one in the first place) and hope for the best, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Darn. Thanks for a direct answer. I don't think I am going to purchase another ASrock mobo, they seem a little low quality. Can you recommend me a good motherboard for my CPU? I have a hard time choosing. Or should I just call up ASrock and get a new one?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Darn. Thanks for a direct answer. I don't think I am going to purchase another ASrock mobo, they seem a little low quality. Can you recommend me a good motherboard for my CPU? I have a hard time choosing. Or should I just call up ASrock and get a new one?
Call ASRock, usually they're going to send a new one your way. At least I hope so :lol: I use ASUS for my builds, never let me down :)

I have a Gigabyte mobo down at work (not my choice, obviously), nasty piece of crap. Stay away from it.

I also use ASRock a lot, and they usually work well, but I only use them for low end systems (e.g.: people only going to use internet), so I dunno how well they resist under a gaming load...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.