Hacking Backup loader advice

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking to update my Wii to 4.1, and in the process update my backup loader. I think I may also add the USB loader in the process. Due to so many available loaders out there, and having done some research, I am not sold on any one particular loader.

I am looking for some advice as to which loader I should use and why. I would really appreciate some input as everyone's knowledge about this is much greater than mine

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your going with games from an external hard drive i would suggest usbloader gx.Its updated constantly has a lot of features including built in updater that way your not moving your sd card back and forth from the wii to the computer to get the latest updated version.

If your going with games from sd or from dvd then look into neogamma.Has most if not all the same features that usbloader gx has its just doesn't have as good looking user interface as usbloader gx does and it doesn't include a built in updater.It can load games from sd,usb or dvd and also can load gamecube backups.

D

Deleted-119707

i reccomend usbloader gx. its more finished than the other loaders out there (IMO). i was using the cfg usb loader and it was great. i tried usb loader gx a few weeks later and its better.

Caliban

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually in the process of downloading all the stuff to start being able to use a loader to load from an external HD. I've been really debating between CFG USB and USBLoader GX. I know these launch from the HBC and was wondering if both can be installed or can you only have one loader at a time. (I haven't gotten far enough to see what all files are used for each so not sure if there'd be a conflict!)

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I personally use Beardfaces Coverfloader .... main reason is it works with every game, has configurable settings for each game (only if you need them) and all can be saved. No other loader looks as good. period. 2d and 3d art, fully customisable to your tastes.

usb loader gx is constantly updated and is good and has some nice extras but thats a never ending cycle of updates.

...at the end of the day, any loader will do the trick, you could try all of them and keep the one you like best.

Caliban

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I finally just finished setting up my Wii with an 80GB 2.5" Fujitsu HDD in a Vantec USB 2.0 Enclosure and I put in Wii Sports to rip to the HDD (because it's small and rips quick), and sure enough it worked.

I followed this guide : http://gwht.wikidot.com/ with the exception of having to partition the drive. I had CFG USB Loader format for me, and now I'm trying to put an ISO from a different source onto the drive via WBFS Manager 3.0.

D

Deleted-119707

nice to hear you got it working. look for channel forwarders. with this, you will be able to launch the loader via the system menu.

Caliban

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
nice to hear you got it working. look for channel forwarders. with this, you will be able to launch the loader via the system menu.

One step ahead of you, I just put the USB Loader Channel on my main page. Took me a few minutes because I didn't have the WAD Manager yet. Now I'm off to hunt down the Channel/Fowarder for the SNES Emulator!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up