Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shiro786 said:
zidane_genome said:
glad everyone else can get this to work... I can't start any games with this... regular or backup (yes, I'm patching first)

I'll just go back to the original... it works....

QUOTE(zidane_genome @ Sep 22 2008, 07:49 PM) for the love of god, this is such an awesome game... a throw back to the NES days...

BUY THE DAMN GAME YOU FREE LOADING PIRATES!!!

There's even download content... don't know what it will be (still blank)... can't wait!

Like I said before, hypocrisy much? You're just a huge dirtbag.

Wow... dude... is that your life? Reading all my posts to flame me?

All the games I'm using for the backup loader are games I own... I'm testing them for compatibility issues... Yes, I went out, bought the games, backed up, then burnt...

The best part of you ran down your mothers ass crack and became a stain on the sheet pal... seriously...

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Khaosknight said:
Shiro786 said:
Khaosknight said:
Shiro786 said:
My question is where do I get extractpartition? Or do I use the old Waninkiko's backup-creator file with the common key thing?
Yes i burned m partition from Waninkokos creator and it worked just fine. remember this loader has alot of code from Waninkokos loader so most of the stuff is the same.

Thank you sir.

Now I'm off to find a 20 mb ISO.

20 Megabytes????????

Most Wii Isos i have seen are 4 - 4.6 GB!

WiiChess is 23mbs when Scrubbed but 4.6gig when extracted

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
after scrubbing, some of the early games, and the very simple games (ie WiiChess) are very small...

the gamecube was the same way... Animal Crossing was like 20-30 meg for a minidvd...

it all depends on how much actual data there is...

WarioWare Smooth Moves is 3.5gig scrubbed, Wario Land Shake it is 3.8gig

Hell, Geometry Wars Galaxies is only 613megs after scrubbing!

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i have wanakins installed so i think i will just install this wad and see what happens i am correct in thinking that is all i have to do, as in just install this wad

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well it did solve the color issue.. but none of the games I had that didnt work started working because of this. I have a suspicion that the DVD`s I used were just a crappy brand so I am going to buy some new ones today.

Very happy about the color working though
smile.gif

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JJBro1 said:
so how reliable is this? Is it just as good as the one waninkoko would have released?
It's the same. Wiigator installed waninkokos DIP module into the Gecko OS interface. NTSC games now don't have to be PAL patched anymore. Nothing else changed. However, we now have a complete working backuploader source code, so updates are more likely than before.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone where to make a newer version of DVDx like with fixes like
Speed cap to 3x fixed
and booktyping to DvD-ROM

Wouldnt it work better?
That would be awesome XP

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3x speed cap isn't by the loader, it by the Wii itself... until the dev/d* (di/do/d whatever) can patch Starlet (the subprocessor of Hollywood, the main Wii processor), the cap is at 3x...

There are people working on it, don't worry!

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Framework43 said:
i still wish that the need to booktype is fixed because my dvd drive doesnt support it and Im broke right now ;___;

What happens if you dont switch booktype exactly? I have never burned did-rom booktype and my disks are recognized I never used to get the old -4100 errors, but the games didnt exactly work either. You think booktype will fix this? I just assumed it wasnt working because of the crap DVD brand I was using.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
Framework43 said:
i still wish that the need to booktype is fixed because my dvd drive doesnt support it and Im broke right now ;___;

What happens if you dont switch booktype exactly? I have never burned did-rom booktype and my disks are recognized I never used to get the old -4100 errors, but the games didnt exactly work either. You think booktype will fix this? I just assumed it wasnt working because of the crap DVD brand I was using.

In order for it to work, it needs to be booktyped to DVD-ROM as I read.
But, some drives automatically do it

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Framework43 said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
Framework43 said:

In order for it to work, it needs to be booktyped to DVD-ROM as I read.
But, some drives automatically do it

So how do I know if its being done automatically or not? Like I said what exactly happens if you dont do this?

Xylez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol really nice
buth it actually kind of glitches SMG PAL when loading the Beach galaxy
it just starts the game though

Condukt365

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
SpongeFreak52 said:
Sorry, I meant non-WiiFrii'd. That Sluggers ISO had been run through Backup-Creator.
ah ok.

And also, I forced the Gecko OS to PAL 60 AND PAL 50 and it still displays black and white. Anyone know why?
It's outputting PAL?

Which means it just went in a circle and displays in black and white because the TV doesn't support PAL?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1