Homebrew RELEASE Awoo Installer - A No-Bullshit NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ Installer Based on Tinfoil

GBATmpEhUmaBOSTAAAA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you can still disable it edgy boi
ok not-normal boi but if someome disables that the program calls it gay unnecessarily.

let's just forget the homophobic/ableist side of things and talk about how this installer has straight up assets from some touhou hentai artist and the whole world thinks this 4chan dev is normal. i get the punchline bro, momiji better than real girls i know

Last edited by GBATmpEhUmaBOSTAAAA,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
ok not-normal boi but if someome disables that the program calls it gay as an payoff

let's just forget the homophobic/ableist side of things and talk about how this installer has straight up assets from some touhou hentai artist and the whole world thinks this 4chan dev is normal. i get the punchline bro, momiji better than real girls i know

i give up somebody delete my comment again already
Are you one of those cancel culture types that is offended on other people's behalf?

TBH people can make up their own minds about things without some random intenternet SJW trying to tell them how to think and what they should be offended about, what software to use etc.

Reactions: peteruk

GBATmpEhUmaBOSTAAAA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you one of those cancel culture types that is offended on other people's behalf?

TBH people can make up their own minds about things without some random intenternet SJW trying to tell them how to think and what they should be offended about, what software to use etc.
seems like it as expected...getting old and fresh as hell with anything even though if i'm barely an adult.

you're totally right with that but the fact how these X-Woo installers are the only few options to install NS package which includes these "problems" most people have mentioned here is kinda unfortunate to me. I came to homebrew for the modding community, not for rewatching weird Touhou simps spreading themselves like wildfire even on a Nintendo console, see?

I will shut up for now on.

Last edited by GBATmpEhUmaBOSTAAAA,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
seems like it as expected...getting old and fresh as hell with anything even if i'm barely an adult.

you're totally right with that but the fact how these X-Woo installers are the only few options to install NS package which includes these "problems" most people have mentioned here is kinda unfortunate to me. I came to homebrew for the modding community, not for rewatching weird Touhou simps spreading themselves like wildfire even on a Nintendo console, see?
Don't use it then, and go about your day without trying to influence other people with your own personal views.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Alright, well I'll just say it: Switch to DBI. It's WAY better at installing, especially USB installs since it just works over MTP, + it has FTP built in. Sure, it can't install directly from a server or GDrive URL, but honestly who the hell would install from a gdrive URL?

joalex79

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok not-normal boi but if someome disables that the program calls it gay unnecessarily.

lol everything alright "man"? You seems a little mad

Reactions: rsc-pl

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for this app. I Found this two days ago. I installed some nsp with USB cable on my pc with Windows 7. Without problem. Stupid tinfoil cant do simple USB install. Teknik shop sucks too. But this app finally solve my game install problem. Installed 7gb nsp file in around 2 minutes.

Reactions: impeeza

fadafwet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to install games with this app but I am into applet mode
to run it into normal mode I need to launch a game while pressing the right button
but I don't have any game to open so I cannot open the app and install games
Is there any way to install games if I don't have any games installed ?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to install games with this app but I am into applet mode
to run it into normal mode I need to launch a game while pressing the right button
but I don't have any game to open so I cannot open the app and install games
Is there any way to install games if I don't have any games installed ?
easiest way is to install tinfoil with tinfoil self installer then install a nsp with tinfoil so you can use title override. awoo like most installers need the extra ram.

Another option is to use DBI Installer, it allows installation from applet mode. and has more features like mtp installation.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
I used to use this app a few years back when Goldleaf started showing problems due to its datedness, which was fantastic, then switched to Tinleaf for the longest time since then. While Tinleaf still works great to date, I might give this homebrew a try once more seeing it's got a recent update.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you give more details please

Had to watch a few videos, but at least this guy includes links.
I've been doing....things....for a while, so I may tell you something you don't know--use atmoxl
its an app you'll use to install nsps...like hbmenu.nsp.
the atmoxl is an .nro, so youll be fine with it in your Switch folder.

Reactions: fadafwet

pic1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can also use Tinwoo. It is an excellent installer with which you can also install the compressed nsz and xcz files, even by directly connecting a usb stick / hdd to the usb c socket of the switch

Last edited by pic1972,

fadafwet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I manage to install a game using dbi in applet mode using the MTP
So now I can access the Awoo installer while pressing right on the controller

I connect the swith to the PC using the usb cable
I Awoo installer 1.3.5 I choose Install over USB
On the PC I run NS-USBloader v7.0
I open a nsp file in it
check the file
click upload to NS

On the switch in Awoo I have this error
NO USB connection detected, Plus a compatible devide to install over USB
Usually at this step I can choose to start the installation of a game

Anyone know what is the issue here ?

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
If you just used DBI, you wouldn't even NEED to configure any drivers with Zadig.
Get DBI here: https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases
Once you've opened DBI, hit X or select "MTP" responder, plug your switch into your PC, and you're good to go. Just drag your NSPs/XCIs/etc to the SD Card Install drive (under "Switch" in Windows Explorer) and it'll install.
(note: copying games from a 7z archive won't work, as the copy will fail due to the file being in a temp directory. Extract the archive first, then drag'n'drop the files on.)

Reactions: fadafwet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone