Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The action was decent enough and the dialogue was okay, but the plot was all over the place trying to include and introduce as many elements of the Marvel universe as possible. The whole thing felt like a few episodes of Agents Of SHIELD, but more rushed. The movie was just preparing the ground for the next movies, and I feel like they wasted a potentially good villain because they didn't have the time to develop him properly, because they were spending the time developing everything else instead.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The action was decent enough and the dialogue was okay, but the plot was all over the place trying to include and introduce as many elements of the Marvel universe as possible. The whole thing felt like a few episodes of Agents Of SHIELD, but more rushed. The movie was just preparing the ground for the next movies, and I feel like they wasted a potentially good villain because they didn't have the time to develop him properly, because they were spending the time developing everything else instead.

Or perhaps because they were forced to remove one hour from the original cut.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Potayto potato. For whatever reason, they didn't have/leave enough time in the movie to explore a promising villain, because there were too many other things to introduce.

On the other hand I liked what they did with Hawkeye, how they addressed the elephant in the room of what a guy with a bow and five arrows is doing in a team of superhumans and demigods. They didn't really explain it, but they didn't just pretend it wasn't odd.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Potayto potato. For whatever reason, they didn't have/leave enough time in the movie to explore a promising villain, because there were too many other things to introduce.

On the other hand I liked what they did with Hawkeye, how they addressed the elephant in the room of what a guy with a bow and five arrows is doing in a team of superhumans and demigods. They didn't really explain it, but they didn't just pretend it wasn't odd.

They also set us up quite nicely for a Black Widow origin story

So am I the only one who thought it was odd that Nick Fury had access to a helicarrier even though it was made clear in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that he stepped down and is no longer affiliated with S.H.I.E.L.D. anymore?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am 100% not hyped.

It looks like the first movie, villian taunts the team. Hulk seems to get thrown off on his own somewhere again, team fighting amongst themselfs again (thor/tony), an army of metal robot guys instead of chatari, Hulk fights the big one again. It mostly bothers me that there is a clip showing a bunch of metal robot guys who presumably attack the avengers. Am i alone in just wanting 1 bad guy? maybe 2-3 henchman but not a frigging army of guys again, anyone else feel that way?

Ironically, you technically got everything you wanted (if you haven't seen the movie yet I won't spoil it, but I could talk about why the robots just "one entity" if you want)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
What does that mean?
Sorry, I may be lacking sleep but I couldn't really make it out.
"Potato" has two pronunciations, one that sounds like "po-tay-toe" and one that sounds like "po-ta-toe". People say "potato/potato" each with the separate pronunciation to denote that two things may sound different but are really just the same thing.

Veho used potayto basically to denote the other pronunciation since that's otherwise hard to say with the correct meaning via text.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Why does everyone only talk about Hawkeye when the same thing pretty much goes to Black Widow and Captain America ? I mean Captain America is technically injected with some crap that gives him super powers, but he's nowhere as strong as the other powerhouses, and would die to a bullet/knife stab.

Do you know if they plan on releasing the additional hour of footage on DVD ?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Potato" has two pronunciations, one that sounds like "po-tay-toe" and one that sounds like "po-ta-toe". People say "potato/potato" each with the separate pronunciation to denote that two things may sound different but are really just the same thing.
It's a phrase that means saying the same thing in two different ways.

Oh, ok... I didn't really know. So never is too late to learn something new. Thanks for your answer.

Do you know if they plan on releasing the additional hour of footage on DVD ?
I don't know, but I hope they do.
They also took a big chunk away from the first Avengers, including a complete subplot where New York was kind of presented through the eyes of waitress Beth so you could attach to it before it all went to hell, they never put the complete DCut version into DVD anyway.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Why does everyone only talk about Hawkeye when the same thing pretty much goes to Black Widow and Captain America ? I mean Captain America is technically injected with some crap that gives him super powers, but he's nowhere as strong as the other powerhouses, and would die to a bullet/knife stab.
I think Black Widow will be addressed in Civil War.

Captain America in the movie seems to be on par with Thor (apart for the flying). Thor has lightning powers but he doesn't use them for some reason. Number of lightning bolts summoned by Thor in both Avenger movies? 2. Why? Srsly.

So am I the only one who thought it was odd that Nick Fury had access to a helicarrier even though it was made clear in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that he stepped down and is no longer affiliated with S.H.I.E.L.D. anymore?
But he still has enough connections and influence, he's still in charge, or enough in charge to convince a few people in key places to help out in a crisis such as this one. And maybe they'll cover how he got his hands on a helicarrier in an episode of Agents of SHIELD. Where is the second Avengers film placed in relation to the show? Captain America: Winter Soldier happens in the middle of season one.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Black Widow will be addressed in Civil War.

Captain America in the movie seems to be on par with Thor (apart for the flying). Thor has lightning powers but he doesn't use them for some reason. Number of lightning bolts summoned by Thor in both Avenger movies? 2. Why? Srsly.

But he still has enough connections and influence, he's still in charge, or enough in charge to convince a few people in key places to help out in a crisis such as this one. And maybe they'll cover how he got his hands on a helicarrier in an episode of Agents of SHIELD. Where is the second Avengers film placed in relation to the show? Captain America: Winter Soldier happens in the middle of season one.

Are you caught up with the show? Last Tuesday's episode led straight into Age of Ultron. I was actually kind of disappointed that Coulson didn't end up at the new Avengers base because of that (yeah, I know they think he's dead and all that, but still)
Skye's mom is scolding Reyna for sending Skye into a Hydra base to save Lincoln (the electric dude) based on one of her visions, and while she's doing that, Reyna has violent convulsions and has a vision about Loki's scepter and horrible "metal men"

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did the TV end up any good? By most accounts it started less than stellar and did not get much better, I then blocked it out around the final push of series 1.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the TV end up any good? By most accounts it started less than stellar and did not get much better, I then blocked it out around the final push of series 1.

Are we talking about Agents of SHIELD? Yeah, I thought it was amazing in the first season and into the second, but it started to drag after that. It's looking like it's picking back up though, so that's good (I think the reason it dipped downhill is because they were trying to find a way to tie it into Guardians of the Galaxy, and there's really no way you can do that in a TV show of a completely different genre)

D

Deleted_171835

I enjoyed it.
More than the first Avengers even. Highlights being the Hulkbuster fight, Vision and the Black Panther nods.
Colour me hyped for the upcoming Civil War film.

So in terms of good MCU films, I'd place it here in the rankings
Iron Man > Captain America: Winter Soldier > Guardians of the Galaxy > The Avengers 2 > The Avengers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD