Hacking Autobooting?

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I read that you have to rename the rom files to "default.nds" and it will be loaded automatically.
But I tried it on my r4 rts and it didn't worked.
Do you guys have a solution for this "problem"?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Take a look at the default firmware for the device you have: What is it called? DS_MENU_.dat? default.nds? Whatever it is, try simply renaming a different homebrew to that and placing it in the place the firmware usually goes (often the root of your micro SD). If that doesn't work, try r4crypt to encrypt the NDS file, and see if that helps. If it still doesn't work, your card probably uses a differently encrypted firmware, and it may not be possible to autoboot on it without reverse engineering (i.e. probably not worth the hassle.)

Why do you want to run the DSTT menu on the card anyway? Is it a DSTT clone?

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Take a look at the default firmware for the device you have: What is it called? DS_MENU_.dat? default.nds? Whatever it is, try simply renaming a different homebrew to that and placing it in the place the firmware usually goes (often the root of your micro SD). If that doesn't work, try r4crypt to encrypt the NDS file, and see if that helps. If it still doesn't work, your card probably uses a differently encrypted firmware, and it may not be possible to autoboot on it without reverse engineering (i.e. probably not worth the hassle.)

Yes TTMenu does work on it but i am sick of always loading TTMenu.nds so i want it to automatically boot.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
SifJar said:

Yes TTMenu does work on it but i am sick of always loading TTMenu.nds so i want it to automatically boot.
that's exactly what he said?

example:If the menu file is _DS_MENU.dat(r4 clones use this),then rename ttmenu.nds

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
lolzed said:
FireGrey said:
SifJar said:

example:If the menu file is _DS_MENU.dat(r4 clones use this),then rename ttmenu.nds
I renamed TTMenu.nds to R4.dat (that's my thingy) and it says ?Menu
I even tried renaming TTMenu.dat to R4.dat but still ?Menu

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
lolzed said:
FireGrey said:
SifJar said:

actually,I checked it out...there's both _DS_MENU.dat and R4.dat,if its not the latter,then it might be the first...

If that doesn't work,try dldi patching with whatever dldi it uses...if that doesn't work,try SifJar's instructions...

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
lolzed said:
FireGrey said:
lolzed said:
FireGrey said:
SifJar said:

actually,I checked it out...there's both _DS_MENU.dat and R4.dat,if its not the latter,then it might be the first...

If that doesn't work,try dldi patching with whatever dldi it uses...if that doesn't work,try SifJar's instructions...
Actually it doesn't have a _DS_MENU.dat, i'll try the dldi theory.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The ?MENU error seems to imply this is a DSTT clone. AFAIK, on the DSTT, you simply rename and patch the NDS file, so patch it with the correct patch for your card and rename it to R4.dat, and stick it on the root.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Autobooting other menu in R4iSDHC is difficult.
One of your option is using r4.dat in mshl2tools/iniclear/. It leads you YSMenu (if you install /moonshl2/extlink/inilink.ini)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1