PS1/2 Autoboot .ELF on USB without a controller?

JohnSmith41

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a PS2 and Network adapter from my local Goodwill for about $15, and I decided to softmod it. Problem is, the controller I got with it doesn't work at all (the CLK line doesn't pass all the way through the cable). I do have both a Dualshock 3 and 4, so my goal is to use one of those until I can get a new PS2 controller. I know there is a driver for the DS3/4, that requires running the .ELF file. Is there a way to boot this .ELF using FreeHDBoot, without a memory card or controller?

Thanks!

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I recently got a PS2 and Network adapter from my local Goodwill for about $15, and I decided to softmod it. Problem is, the controller I got with it doesn't work at all (the CLK line doesn't pass all the way through the cable). I do have both a Dualshock 3 and 4, so my goal is to use one of those until I can get a new PS2 controller. I know there is a driver for the DS3/4, that requires running the .ELF file. Is there a way to boot this .ELF using FreeHDBoot, without a memory card or controller?

Thanks!

Hi !

Well, what you want is really difficult. The DS3 modules are not working like a plugin : each PS2 app need to have it fully integrated.
And apps with DS3 modules integrated are very few : last OPL betas has it, and an emulator - dont remember which one.

What you would need to do is this :
- set FHDB to auto-launch OPL at startup ;
- set OPL to have its DS3 modules ON.

(Nearly) impossible without a PS2 controller first, sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?