Hacking Atmosphere on firmware 12.0

Legba013

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just purchased an unpatched switch and it was set to autoupdate. when i connected to the internet, it updated the firmware to 12.0 before i had any chance to attempt a mod.

now im getting all sorts of errors trying to load up atmosphere. i can load Heckate, but all i get are errors trying to run cfw from there.

am i screwed? do i have to wait weeks for things to be updated to run on 12.0.0?

Legba013

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Kanakops

AllenGonzales

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just purchased an unpatched switch and it was set to autoupdate. when i connected to the internet, it updated the firmware to 12.0 before i had any chance to attempt a mod.

now im getting all sorts of errors trying to load up atmosphere. i can load Heckate, but all i get are errors trying to run cfw from there.

am i screwed? do i have to wait weeks for things to be updated to run on 12.0.0?
Lineage/Android Still works for me but atmosphere is still broken if other people can still get android to download you should be able to emulate any other game just not switch games or have homebrew but I just wanna emulate games mostly anyway so im pretty fine atm but was still mad

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What about people using emunand? If I update only the sysnand would I be able to switch to emunand?

It should break only autorcm I think?

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok then guess we have to wait. Atmo updates were way faster than SX ones I remember tho so hopefully it won't take too much.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you boot sysnand without going through RCM, ie you turn the Switch on and it runs Nintendo's own bootloader (not hekate or fusee-primary) to run sysnand, then you can update your sysnand to latest firmware and it will work and won't affect emunand. If you boot sysnand through hekate, it sounds like you need to wait for a hekate update.

nabbestia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys. This morning i updated to the latest firmware, and now i can't boot because atmosphere doesn't support firmware 12.0.
I'm using hekate and atmosphere on emunand. I use the sx os boot to load the payload of atmosphere. Should i wait the new files for hekate and atmosphere and put them in my microSD, Or i will Need to do other things?

Sorry for my english, i've tried without translate, i hope i did an upgrade :P

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. This morning i updated to the latest firmware, and now i can't boot because atmosphere doesn't support firmware 12.0.
I'm using hekate and atmosphere on emunand. I use the sx os boot to load the payload of atmosphere. Should i wait the new files for hekate and atmosphere and put them in my microSD, Or i will Need to do other things?

Sorry for my english, i've tried without translate, i hope i did an upgrade :P

12.0.0 just came out yesterday, no support yet, wait a week or so.

Reactions: nabbestia

Yukarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so just to confirm what RedHunter asked, i'm able to update sysnand to 12.0.0 and play on that partition by turning on the switch the normal way, while keeping the emuMMC partition on a lower firmware and Atmosphere should still run fine? have a few games on sysnand that might require updates, but I don't really want to break my emuMMC for the next few weeks, especially since the dev has mentioned that it's a tricky update to work around.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so just to confirm what RedHunter asked, i'm able to update sysnand to 12.0.0 and play on that partition by turning on the switch the normal way, while keeping the emuMMC partition on a lower firmware and Atmosphere should still run fine? have a few games on sysnand that might require updates, but I don't really want to break my emuMMC for the next few weeks, especially since the dev has mentioned that it's a tricky update to work around.
I got around to updating my sysnand to 12.0 (and playing some Pacman 99), and I found that for my 11.0.1 emunand to boot, I had to force enable nogc (patch which disables the game card slot), otherwise Horizon failed to boot with a 2002-2634 error ("Error: Failed to access game card."). This is because firmware 12.0 updated the gamecard firmware - so don't update your sysnand yet if you want to use gamecards in emunand (tho not sure why you wouldn't just use them in sysnand). I thought atmosphere auto detected when to enable nogc in this kind of situation, but force enabling it is simple enough, just add "nogc = 1" to /atmosphere/config/BTC.ini where it tells you to (under the [stratosphere] heading). Horizon gives you a message saying the game card can't be read, but you can just say ok and get on with your life.

Reactions: snoofly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi