AtGames' MegaDrive/Genesis Flashback factory settings

BlueCat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, today I've picked up an AtGames' MegaDrive Flashback.
It's been pretty nice so far, but I've heard that you can update the firmware to load up ROMs from the SD card,
However I couldn't find any firmware on their website, they have Atari and other stuff they've released, but not MegaDrive (not to mention, it's a pain in the ass to search anything about this console due to its name,)
So, instead of the official one that I couldn't find, I've instaled a custom firmware via the Game Manager that I've seen pop up in topics here and there.
Installation was successful I suppose, but I wasn't aware that it would completely wipe the entire console and all those 85 games that already were on it.

Is there any way I could reset the console back to its factory settings to bring those games back?

aliensyndrome

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an Atgames Mega Drive Flashback myself. As far as I know, the custom firmware and game manager shouldn't delete the original games from the console. Have you tried removing the SD card to see if the console boots up with the original games? As far as I understand, when you use the firmware and the game manager, you are basically putting an initialisation file on the SD card that tells the Atgames MD to mount the SD card as the place where the games are stored. If you remove your SD card, you should see that the old games are still there and the console will boot normally. I hope that makes sense?

Last edited by aliensyndrome,

BlueCat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an Atgames Mega Drive Flashback myself. As far as I know, the custom firmware and game manager shouldn't delete the original games from the console. Have you tried removing the SD card to see if the console boots up with the original games? As far as I understand, when you use the firmware and the game manager, you are basically putting an initialisation file on the SD card that tells the Atgames MD to mount the SD card as the place where the games are stored. If you remove your SD card, you should see that the old games are still there and the console will boot normally. I hope that makes sense?

You're right!
I just checked it, it does work exactly as you said.
Thank you for the help, now I can play around with the SD card without worries!

steven12567

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've tried using the game manager but it won't work for me I keep getting this message pop up (The drive you have selected is not available please choose another drive) any ideas???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh