Gaming Are you buying Golden Sun Dark Dawn?

stalker017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ topic: No way! Fuck that. I'm gonna pirate this shit.
evil.gif

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sterl500 said:
Berthenk said:
Sterl500 said:
GS 1 & 2 had sub par graphics to begin with.
Really? I found the first two games had great graphics.
I definitely saw better 2D graphics for the GBA on several different games. GS 1 & 2 had extremely pixelated sprites, and environments. Back then it really didn't matter, but after revisiting them, I can see all these problems.
Actually the Golden Sun games had the best graphic I've ever seen in a gba game.
There is only two problems that make the games look bad, when not playing them on a real gba:

1) The games scale horribly. Best play them on a small screen and without zooming.
33615127.png

2) They made the game extra bright to compensate for the weak gba screen. If possible try to tone the colors down( no$gba and vba-m offer an option for this).
screenvpl.png

That being said Dark Dawn will be the first game I buy in a long time.

jerbz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
due to piracy i can honestly say i wont be making this purchase although i wish i could. i just dont have money and pirating makes my ds actually worth something(even though i have an r4 but wood makes it awesome)

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M[u said:
ddy]
*snip
That being said Dark Dawn will be the first game I buy in a long time.
I play them on a Micro. Which I tout to have the best screen out of all three iterations of GBA. I still think there are a few games with better looking graphics than GS 1 & 2, but that may be because of a different Art style. I still find them enjoyable, and my original intent of that statement was to point out that it is hard to go back to an old game after being spoiled by new ones.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sterl500 said:
I play them on a Micro. Which I tout to have the best screen out of all three iterations of GBA. I still think there are a few games with better looking graphics than GS 1 & 2, but that may be because of a different Art style. I still find them enjoyable, and my original intent of that statement was to point out that it is hard to go back to an old game after being spoiled by new ones.
Well I have to agree. Sometimes it's hard to get into an old game, especially when playing it for the first time.

Most people who complain about the graphic in Golden Sun just didn't play them the way they were meant to.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M[u said:
ddy]
Sterl500 said:
Well I have to agree. Sometimes it's hard to get into an old game, especially when playing it for the first time.

Most people who complain about the graphic in Golden Sun just didn't play them the way they were meant to.
I agree and in a way it's also a pity, because some old games are real masterpieces.

I was so distraught when I tried playing GS on my DS, and when I loaded up the save file when I'm in a desert, the colours were so much different than on the GBA and actually unpleasant! Even the pools in Lalivero were bright purple instead of blue. Looks like I'll have to use my GBA if I want to play it, but I've gotten used to playing on backlit screens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI