Hacking Are there a way to restore a modifed NAND to a clean one w/o a backup?

barnbebarn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently messed with my wii via following a guide and overlooked the step to make a backup of my NAND before actually messin with the wii. I then went and made a backup of the NAND afterwards; After I downgraded the IOS. I am askin if there is a way to restore my NAND to a clean state so that I can make a backup of it. Nothing has happened to my wii other than maybe an orange power off glow rather than a red one. Just that I want to be safe and have a clean NAND so that if my wii does brick, I can use the clean nand rather than the modded one. Anyone can help?

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple answer NO.

If you made the backup just after the mod then that about as good as it gets anyway. You really want to have a backup from before you do any big IOS changes like Cioscorp, SM theme, or a few other Major changes.

If your Wii allowed you to install Bootmii into boot2, NOT as IOS, to make your NAND backup, then you could just do the Ninnty upgrade to remove ALL traces of a mod, then follow the mod a 4.2 Wii and make a clean backup but............

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!

I'm in no way a guru but I've read enough of these forums to mod a few Wiis without a brick, and recover my own Wii from a bad IOS brick thanks to Bootmii and my after modded NAND backup.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Simple anser is YES!
Get a none cios nand dump from bootmii of another wii and use betwiin to rebuild a new dump with your Hmac and Nand keys

Look for the betwiin forum

Matte

barnbebarn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, guys.

I was really regrettin' not backing it up before downgrading my ios, until seein both posts and realizing that there is more than one way to get a clean dump.

I am goingto tae our advice, pspmte and check out that other forum for further reseach. Thanks again

barnbebarn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riicky said:
Could always read one of the "Virginize your Wii" guides, then make a backup, then do what you want to the Wii

*Hits head on desk*..... l should have thought of that since you're right. l am goin to do that. Thanks, Riicky

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
HellFireXS said:
make a current backup, virginize your Wii, make a backup of the clean Wii then just restore the modded backup to be exactly where you are now.

could you please explain to me how to do this?
Got a 4.1 U Wii with HBC, Ciosrev14, Hermes223 and working Wiiflow loader.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
erolz said:
HellFireXS said:
make a current backup, virginize your Wii, make a backup of the clean Wii then just restore the modded backup to be exactly where you are now.

could you please explain to me how to do this?
Got a 4.1 U Wii with HBC, Ciosrev14, Hermes223 and working Wiiflow loader.
may be this link could help: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=178...l=virginize+wii

though on my experience, you cannot really 100% virginize your wii or be at the factory setting state since there will always be traces of soft modification there once your wii is soft modded...not sure with others though...

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pspmte said:
Simple anser is YES!
Get a none cios nand dump from bootmii of another wii and use betwiin to rebuild a new dump with your Hmac and Nand keys

Look for the betwiin forum

Matte

But it is always dangerous because of the factory bad blocks that will not match the dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it'll give ya time to practice anyway