Arcade1Up announces three new arcade cabinets ahead of E3

Cabinets.png

While E3 is still hours away, arcade cabinet manufacturer Arcade1Up has announced three new, officially licensed arcade machines ahead of the event. These include a Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga joint themed "Class of 81" machine, a Street Fighter II themed machine, and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time machine. While the Turtles in Time cabinet will only feature the game it's themed after, both the Class of 81' and Street Fighter II themed machines will contain a variety of different games included in the single cabinet.

• Street Fighter™ll Big Blue Arcade Machine - To celebrate the 30th anniversary of its release, this Arcade1Up cabinet features a phenomenally iconic game list of 12 classic Capcom titles: Street Fighter™ II: Championship Edition, Street Fighter™ II' Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter™ II Turbo, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo™, Darkstalkers™, Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge™, Darkstalkers 3™, Saturday Night Slam Masters™, Knights of the Round ™, Eco Fighters™, Capcom Sports Club™, and Muscle Bomber Duo™ are ALL packed inside this machine. Preorders begin July 1.
  • Ms. PAC-MAN/Galaga Class of 81' Arcade Machine - Power up that nostalgia with the iconic Ms. PAC-MAN™, as you guide her through those infamous mazes while evading BLINKY, PINKY, INKY and SUE. Then, fend off endless descending swarms of alien enemies with GALAGA™. Oh, and that's just the start of the phenomenal game list packed inside: GALAGA™ '88, GALAXIAN™, DIG DUG™, DIG DUG™ II, MAPPY™, RALLY-X™, ROLLING THUNDER™, ROMPERS™, TOWER OF DRUAGA™, and KING AND BALLOON™ are ALL also included. Preorders begin in August.
  • Turtles in Time™ Home Arcade Machine - "Cowabunga!" this new Arcade1Up machine allows you to take control of Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, or Raphael with up to four simultaneous players, making for endless animation inspired fun. Preorders to begin July 1.

Though pre-order dates have been announced, no price or official release dates have been confirmed. Pre-orders will be available via Arcade1Up's website.

:arrow:SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've first seen these cabinets in a YouTube video where an user nicknamed "Plainrock124" destroyed two cabs made by this company (Pac-Man and Galaga, respectively), among with a small-size one by Stranger Things.

I really would like to own an arcade cabinet, but Arcade1Up only sells its products in North America... and I live in Italy.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what a joke it's easier to make your own damn mame cab and you can have as many games as you want in it!

just get yourself a flatpack cab kit, decal kit, a computer, an arcade kit, speakers and a tv/monitor. wire them all up and away you go! just google arcade mame diy there's a shitloads of tutorials. the arcade kits usually come with all the wires, buttons, joysticks you'll ever need. it's easier than it looks.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what a joke it's easier to make your own damn mame cab and you can have as many games as you want in it!

just get yourself a flatpack cab kit, decal kit, a computer, an arcade kit, speakers and a tv/monitor. wire them all up and away you go! just google arcade mame diy there's a shitloads of tutorials. the arcade kits usually come with all the wires, buttons, joysticks you'll ever need. it's easier than it looks.
I suppose this post was addressed to me.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Wow, so in short you're telling "who world buy a car, just get some metal and tubes, bend, melt and reshape them yourself and you can get it running on your own! There's a shitload of tutorials to diy!"...

Many people consider both that 1) time is money and your own time is quite expensive, 2) they are not really into manual labor.... but sure that may be part of the fun for those that are into it.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whilst there may be people that say one can just download an Arcade Cabinet Schematic and cut some Wood for a DIY Project, .....

Yeah I think if I was gonna have an arcade cab in my place, it would have to be actually realistic or else no point in it. Full size, proper Sanwa and etc. controls, and most importantly a 25" Wells-Gardner CRT. Since I grew up during the classic coin-op arcade era (graduated HS in '85) anything less would just be an annoying disappointment. There's no way I'd even think of buying one of these sad machines from arcade1up.

But even though I could make a proper cabinet, and I have thought about it before ... nah ain't gonna happen. They look good and are great in a public/party setting, but just playing alone at home, I'd rather be on the sofa with my feet kicked up.

Reactions: Deleted User

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
For the cost, an AtGames Legends Ultimate is a better value if you just want one to mod. The controls are about 1.5" lower than an Arcade 1Up with riser, but it's much wider so two adults can more comfortably fit side by side. The screen is 24" 16:9 vs 17" 4:3. For controls, you get two-player each with six buttons, two spinners (Pong vs), and a trackball.

To mod it, you just need to copy files to a USB drive and plug it into a port on the top of the control deck. It also has HDMI-in and can pair its controls as Bluetooth or USB to a PC or console. It has been as low as $450 at Sam's Club.

https://www.atgames.net/arcades/legends-ultimate/

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright