Rumor April's Nintendo Direct leaked?

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am hoping it's real because there are some solid games on that list. It does seem a tad early for another Hyrule Warriors, but who am I to say? That's also a lot of Metroid info to drop all at once. Dumping Prime 2 and 3 directly after the presentation would fit with what Nintendo did with Prime, but both at the same time? Nintendo likes to drip-feed its customers.

I think it's really packed for a single Direct, so I'll lean towards fake.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Just saw this on my FB feed, and wanted to know your opinions on wether anything on this could be true (AKA have some potential, since nobody can say for sure if it is true)
View attachment 425981

Personally, the Hyrule Warrior game would hype me the most
That, and both Super Mario Galaxy
This was one of the more obviously fake ones I've seen. Like it is rather clear that not a lot of effort was put into it. If this is real I'll fucking eat my hat.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I hope WWHD is real. A great remaster of an already great game that sadly not enough people got to experience because it was on the Wii U.
this is something I find very strange though. Why WWHD, but not TPHD?
TPHD is a lazy port, WWHD is an actually good remaster. They could straight port WWHD and it will still look good. TPHD needs more work done to it to actually look good and not just like an upscaled Wii game.
Plus WW came out before TP, WWHD came out before TPHD. It makes sense to do them in order, and they can't release too many ports at the same time or people will complain that they are lazy (which they are)
We probably won't see TPHD again until the Switch 2.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Would they though? I mean Mario Party is Mario Party. People will always be happy for an 18th entry. (Yes there are that many)
I'm just gonna stick with Mario Party Superstars. I'd much rather they release Mario Party Superstars 2 with GameCube stages.
Post automatically merged:

I originally saw this topic on Reddit a few days ago, and some are saying that it's fake. The main takeaway of the fakeness, among other things, is the HD remaster of Animal Crossing, which they say has never happened in the franchise.
If any Animal Crossing game deserves a HD remaster, it's the original. That's literally a N64 game which got released on the GameCube in every region other than Japan, and still looks like a N64 game. Doesn't really make sense to pick New Leaf.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just gonna stick with Mario Party Superstars. I'd much rather they release Mario Party Superstars 2 with GameCube stages.
Post automatically merged:

If any Animal Crossing game deserves a HD remaster, it's the original. That's literally a N64 game which got released on the GameCube in every region other than Japan, and still looks like a N64 game. Doesn't really make sense to pick New Leaf.
I mean I personally am not really a fan of Superstars either. I've played a fuck ton of Mario Party and have some rather rant-worthy opinions about certain entries but basically I miss how the series used to be so brutal.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love Mario Party games and have been playing them since the first. Some are absolutely better/worse than others, but that hasn't effected how much I love the series. SMP2 would be a day 1 purchase for me. Unless, it didn't have online. Adding the ability to play against random people online in Superstars (instead of needing room codes) was the best thing to happen to the series in a long time. When a new Mario Party comes along (and it will at some point), I hope they don't go and screw that up.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Every year a direct is "leaked" with metroid 4 on it
STOP CALLING IT METROID 4, IT'S METROID PRIME 4, METROID 4 IS METROID FUSION :hateit:

Honestly the list is « fun », but I'm pretty sure it's fake. What's the source ?
I can't really see THAT many Metroid announcement in the same direct. Super Mario Party 2 .... Why ? Seems weird to make a sequel instead of giving it another title

Why Animal Crossing New Leaf HD ? Why Samus Returns HD (tho I would like it) ? I also doubt we would have a Mario Galaxy 1 + 2 when the first one was released with the 3D collection.

I wish these were true, but it feels like someone matched stuff that we would dream of with some stuff we know are coming in order to make it sound more credible.

To me, Hyrule Warriors the Imprisoning War is named like a fanfic. If it were to exist I think they would have given it another name. But I still would have loved to play that, I loved both Hyrule Warriors games and I hope we'll have one on the Switch 2. Maybe it'll be able to run stable at 30 fps this time (but come on, we want 60 fps on that kind of game ...)

Where did you find that list ? I mean, must have been coming from somewhere, it's not just somebody on your FB feed that threw this out, right ? Usually for leaks I lurk on r/gamingleaksandrumours

Last edited by LightBeam,

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the fakest one I've ever seen but it definitely falls under the most likely fake section.
It falls under the absolutely fake section. Aside from the fact that Pyoro confirmed that it was BS (which would be enough to disregard it on its own), the listed Fire Emblem title was stolen from this fake fan mockup-

Previous fake Direct leaks have also used this mockup as well.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said it before, but I'd be really surprised if Nintendo rolled out a third Hyrule Warriors game in a single gen. These days, Nintendo's more likely to release a DLC pack than a full-fledged sequel in the same console cycle.

If Nintendo knows one thing, it's how to drip-feed customers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol