Hacking Anyway to convert Gateway's Zelda save to SavDataFiler compatible ?

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Latest launcher.dat, I think since it crashes the exploit is fine, I for some reason think it's because the save is US and my Zelda is EU (since gateway has 3 seperate saves for each region), maybe Gateway somehow detects that it's EU and is not detecting a EU save or something like that.

Edit***

Ah, I see....

Is there anything we can do about this ? Or it's a dead end ?

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but saves of digital stuff aren't stored in the same format as the gamecard ones. It just stores the files that would be located on the save partition of the gamecard counterpart. So (as far as I know) the gateway exploit would need adapting...

Ra1d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I'm not 100% sure, but saves of digital stuff aren't stored in the same format as the gamecard ones. It just stores the files that would be located on the save partition of the gamecard counterpart. So (as far as I know) the gateway exploit would need adapting...

According to yellow8 the e-shop and the gamecard versions are "basically identical" , and the exploit can be used with both "(if one can get the exploit savedata written to the save-image used by the target game version of course)". <<< Not sure what that means.

https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax

Edit***

By the way, a EU save really should be tried because according to this

https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/blob/master/oot3dhax.s

EU has different "code adresses".

I mean, the game is getting crashed after-all, so it's working technically.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah, from what i read, gateways method is the exploit save which then jumps to a specific offset of the save chip, whereas yellows8's version have the exploit save that then reads payload.bin from in the save fs.........if gateway would of used that method it would of most likely worked off the bat as the payload.bin would of been usable to the eshop version too.....not sure if someone could just adapt GW's payload into Yellows8's version of the oot exploit so it would work for eshop versions

Reactions: Ra1d

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't know, I'll try a EU version if someone posts, I might ask on other forums too, if it doesn't work we gotta bug Gateway, since they can fix this in 10 minutes I'm sure.
EU save.....but again still no payload just the crashing save XD......ok guess the payload is actually stored in the actual save after all......dont trust everything you read on teh tinternet :)

Attachments

• save_0004000000033600.rar
    2.3 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: Ra1d

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you can use either NTR-CFW or SaveDataFiler to import the save :)
How do you use NTR to import the save? I thought the plug in only worked with carts.

That's awesome news. You know Nintendo is going to pull oot from the eshop when they get wind of this just like they did with CN on the J eshop.

Ra1d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How do you use NTR to import the save? I thought the plug in only worked with carts.

That's awesome news. You know Nintendo is going to pull oot from the eshop when they get wind of this just like they did with CN on the J eshop.

According to this post http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-savegame-manager-plugin-for-ntr-1-0-2-0.384865/

You just hold R before starting the game to restore savegames.

At this point I'm not sure if they're going to pull OOT from e-Shop, to be honest, you still need another Retail Card to actually import the save file.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
although, i shouldn't buy the game... i have the retail cart, i could buy some other cool game or something. but nice :) thanks

Framedspider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried both saves and i keep getting the same result. top screen goes black and the bottom screen stays white. im on 9.0U if that helps..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)