Gaming Anyone used their 3DS?

contingences

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My 3DS fits in a pocket of my bag, has a lot of short killer-time game (as picross, gunslug, etc) for playing when needed , can go a full day without a charge and has my favorite (GBA, NES, SNeS) classics on it. Couldn't live without it :)
The switch is more "I want to spend the evening in the couch with my wife (who is reading a book) and not be alone, playing, in my room." In fact, I don't plan to get out of the house with the Switch at all.

But i use both every day (3DS when commuting, at lunch, during boring meeting) and the Switch at home.

SamTheSaminator

Seemingly excellent at doing brick to it
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
with the current library of games that on the switch it can't even replace the wii u. nintendo desperately needs third party support and big AAA games or else this is would be their last console and i really don't want that it will happen. it doing well now because people are curious and it's a new thing but with their poor library and ridiculous prices for every game it not going to last long.
A: The console has just released and it doesn't have many games at the moment.
B: Game prices aren't that bad if you look around.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I played a little bit of Picross on my 3ds between Zelda on the switch. I will still use my 3ds, but probably I won't touch my vita in the near future because of the switch. Suddenly the vita feels very old because of the switch.

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Fire Emblem Echoes was not coming out for the 3DS, I'd would stop playing after I finish 2 other games. I am trying to hold off on buying the Switch until I finish them, but I may cave.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Of course people use their 3DS? Switch has like one game.
And 3DS has 240p. Feels like going back in time to 1990 after playing a 720p portable. Just been sitting in my closet since Switch released, and I still haven't finished that one game despite having two others on the system to get to and two more releasing in a couple days.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And 3DS has 240p. Feels like going back in time to 1990 after playing a 720p portable. Just been sitting in my closet since Switch released, and I still haven't finished that one game despite having two others on the system to get to and two more releasing in a couple days.
Sure, but i don't get why a new console with virtually no games coming out means people would suddenly not play any of their old games. Plenty of people will be using their 3DS for many years to come. I guarantee it. It's always been that way. People aren't gonna suddenly switch over completely. Gradual process.

Reactions: Eddypikachu

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but i don't get why a new console with virtually no games coming out means people would suddenly not play any of their old games. Plenty of people will be using their 3DS for many years to come. I guarantee it. It's always been that way. People aren't gonna suddenly switch over completely. Gradual process.
Well yeah, plenty of people aren't going to bother buying Switch right away. It'll take a couple years, but once Switch has Smash and Pokemon and Mario and all the Nintendo staples that are so loved on 3DS, people will definitely start jumping ship in mass.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Many years you say? I hope so. Nintendo should support it for a few more years.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we are talking about 3DS why is this in the switch section? Also 3DS and Switch are two separate systems each with their own systems, not to mention one has Homebrew backs and mods while the other is JUST BRAND NEW. Is not fair to compare something that is not within the same age.

To answer the question, yes i use my 3ds and switch, i only have 3 games for switch (2 if not counting the port of shovel knight. Should probably regret buying for $25) While i have more 3DS games and flexible things to do. Though i can't wait soon enough for Xenoblade chronicles 2 to get here, i hope some good stuff come along the way.

The switch still has things 3DS doesn't like 2 screens which is useful depending on game, and offer different play styles. Switch has a touch screen but no stylus, having finger prints all over isn't really something i like, nor can i accurately use over a stylus. Even still i don't like stylus either so is just a matter of adapting. 3DS also has micro phone, camera and 3DS. Switch has 720P resolution (Portable speaking not docking)

In the end, they both have totally different things developers can do with it. So why not use them both? In the case of "Which game i should get over the other" in terms of multiplatform release Example blaster master zero for 3DS and switch or Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild, Wii U or Switch, there has to be enough of a difference (Not speaking about performance, framerate or graphics) 3DS has 2 screens and is still useful over the one screen situation. Once again is up to developers to decide how to make use of games to give it a reason to exist on different systems and not just one. Having a map or quick menu on the touch screen is simple than repeatedly pausing the game to view the map from a menu. To be honest is all dependant on the player and how much they care about the every little bit of detail between the systems or games to decide on what they like.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Many years you say? I hope so. Nintendo should support it for a few more years.
Depends on Switch sales. 3DS releases will probably start slowing to a crawl if Switch does 10 million units this year. If they sell through all 20 million units that are produced this year, 3DS is completely dead by mid-2018 or early 2019. That'd still be a really good run for it.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still play on my 3ds from time to time, I have waaaaayyyyy too many games on it for it to be put away indefinitely. The 3ds is easier for me to take around with me too I just slide it into my pockets and boom, with the switch I always carry it around in the shiekah slate case so I either need to have a backpack on me to carry it or be okay with holding it with the carrying strap for the entire time I'm out, so the 3ds is much better for me when wanting portable gaming. So basically; the 3ds has more games and is easier for me to carry around, the switch has like 4 games that I can choose to play form and a little bit more inconvenient to carry around, so yeah I still use my 3ds from time to time.

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time for the Switch mini to replace the 3DS. Japanese companies do not lie if they say to investors that the standard Switch will not replace the 3DS.

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my 3ds was just a pokemon machine, i bought my first one in 2013 at x/y launch. bought the 2nd last year and hacked the first 1.
i always prefered vita to 3ds because of superior hardware, thankfully switch is even more powerful the vita. so i'll be using it a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1