Gaming Anyone recommend/did any challenges for BotW?

atlboyz_247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished my run doing

- No Quests (Both Main [other than first two] and Side Quests)
- No Shrines (Other than the first 4 required at the beginning and can't activate more Shrines as Fast Travel Pads)
- No Korok Seeds (No Upgrading Inventory)
- No Towers (Other than the first one)
- No Upgrading (Armors, Stamina, or Health)
- Initial Armor
- Weapon Pickups Only
- *No Visiting Big Towns (Kakoriko, Lurelin, Hateno, Goron, Zora, Gerudo, etc.)
- No Divine Beasts Defeated/Champion Perks

*Stables are fine

- No Fairies
- No Dragon Hunting (for 30 minute duration foods)

Can only purchase: consumables, craftables, and ammo

I fully recommend doing this run or some variation of it when you finish the main run, since you're fighting Ganon at his strongest rather than reaping the benefits of the Divine Beasts.

I wanted to try something else original and different if possible, but I didn't have any good ideas, also, it's cool to hear what everyone else has tried. Anyone got anything?

atlboyz_247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using a Korok Leaf as your only melee weapon, that makes for an interesting playthrough. For things that you can't use the Leaf on (mini bosses I suppose?), try a strange mix of Runes and Bows.

Does the Korok Leaf break? I only ever used it for a Shrine in my main run as far as I remember. Lol, with how much damage it probably does, Ganon would take years. Could it parry as well? That'd make it way harder since without the ability to parry, Ganon's shield would then only be bypassable through your Hylian Shield.

Last edited by atlboyz_247,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does the Korok Leaf break? I only ever used it for a Shrime in my main run as far as I remember. Lol, with how much damage it probably does, Ganon would take years. Could it parry as well? As that'd make it way harder if it couldn't as Ganon's shield would then only be bypassable through your Hylian Shield.
Oh you don't actually use the leaf to damage enemies. You use it to push them into amusing circumstances and/or off cliffs. I don't believe it breaks if you only use it to create gusts. If you're actually hitting things then it probably would.

Also do a run where you can only use pot lids for shields. It'll teach you how to parry attacks properly lol

Reactions: Quantumcat

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh you don't actually use the leaf to damage enemies. You use it to push them into amusing circumstances and/or off cliffs. I don't believe it breaks if you only use it to create gusts. If you're actually hitting things then it probably would.

Also do a run where you can only use pot lids for shields. It'll teach you how to parry attacks properly lol

Yeah it break if you hit more then 1 baddie with it. Also torches and leafs will not break from burning if you do not hit enemies at all with them.

atlboyz_247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lol, I could try Ganon again with such circumstances, but bombing him through one of the Blights was almost impossible, and without melee weapons -> better to get more durable and high damage bows as well as high tier Arrows (bomb, ancient) since 5 bows would break after 3/4 Blights.

If you mean for a Korok Leaf run outside of my run circumstances, it's be more doable with + rated runes and more inventory slots for more bows.

Last edited by atlboyz_247,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs