Anyone here play fighting games?

Stealphie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(Refering to most games people would call traditional fighting games, so not Smash or Multiversus, though yeah they're still fighting games)

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not the newer online ones, but back in the day there was a time when it was my favourite genre. I mostly stuck with Street Fighter 2 and was obsessed with being Ken. I also loved Killer Instinct, King of Fighters, Garou MOTW etc. But not Mortal Kombat for some reason I could never get into it.

I assume you don't mean any "beat-em ups" like Final Fight or Double Dragon.

Reactions: mightymuffy

Stealphie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not the newer online ones, but back in the day there was a time when it was my favourite genre. I mostly stuck with Street Fighter 2 and was obsessed with being Ken. I also loved Killer Instinct, King of Fighters, Garou MOTW etc. But not Mortal Kombat for some reason I could never get into it.

I assume you don't mean any "beat-em ups" like Final Fight or Double Dragon.
SF2 is great for sure. It's still probably my least favorite non SF1 mainline game but it's still fun and has a lot of charm. I do want to eventually try out KI and KoF, those seem pretty fun. Though right now i'm more into SF3: 3rd Strike.

And no I don't mean any beat-em-ups.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I do, but I tend to suck at most of them, lol.
I remember back in the day, playing Marvel VS Capcom on the ps1 and thinking I was hot shit... but I played on easy mode, duh.
Of newer ones... I guess Skullgirls was the last fighting game I've played, 'cus funny band man is the best fighting game character ever made, heh.

mr_switch

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Fighting games are not usually my cup of tea except maybe ahem DOA series. Recently saw Kill la Kill if on sale on the eshop for $1.99 and got it with goldpoints. Seems to be pattern here:rofl2:

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This year I thought about really wanting to get into more fighting games. Watching videos of them are fun, and I wanted to branch out of Smash and the few MK and SF games I played. I still haven't done that branching out, I'd be just a button masher anyway.

mr_switch

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I am just really impressed by how far gaming physics have come from blocky fighters to now so lifelike and jiggly, some might even said 2D over 3D:rofl2:

Also this reminds me of a scene in last week's episode of Rick & Morty where they cover ultra realistic street fighter

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SF2 is great for sure. It's still probably my least favorite non SF1 mainline game but it's still fun and has a lot of charm. I do want to eventually try out KI and KoF, those seem pretty fun. Though right now i'm more into SF3: 3rd Strike.

And no I don't mean any beat-em-ups.
3rd Strike is great. I had the original arcade around 8 years ago but unfortunately had to sell it. It's a toss up between that and Zero 3 for my current favourite SF.

For 3D, I absolutely love Tekken 3 and SoulCalibur II.

Reactions: Stealphie

Stealphie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used to before but mostly sometimes play Smash Bros these days. Which is a fighting game and no amount of mental gymnastics will change that.
Smash IS a fighting game, but the people who play Smash and people who play other fighting games are usually pretty separate.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used to play them much more than I do now. I was mostly playing with my friend, who passed away a few years ago. Our game series of choice was Tekken. Sweet memories.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say I'm well versed in fighting games, I played a decent chunk of them. Especially the two grand daddy of both worlds. Virtua fighter and Street fighter 2. :P

I ended up buying a good collection of them on switch. Too bad most of them aren't getting the same treatment that the other consoles get. But yes I play fighting games. Just don't ask me to play those doujin ones. (By that I mean those obscure japanese only ones that is made for pc and not on console. I DON'T KNOW THOSE) :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste