Gaming Anyone getting "Troll and I"?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,510
  • Replies 31
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Yes, that's the actual title of the game. It looks to be extremely similar to The Last Guardian.

Can't say I will but when it drops down in price I'll probably get it, it looks sorta fun.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Somewhere I heard the console ports (back when I heard it it meant XB1 and PS4) were very bad and plagued with glitches.
That is the only thing I've ever heard of that game.
I don't even have a clue what it is about.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, that's the actual title of the game. It looks to be extremely similar to The Last Guardian.

Can't say I will but when it drops down in price I'll probably get it, it looks sorta fun.

I don't have high hopes for the game what with square Enix dropping the game when they where going to be the publisher. They wouldn't drop a game if it was any good would they.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The trailer looks epic enough, but it looks more like a movie trailer than a game trailer.
I hate it when trailers don't show any gameplay.
It's just a smart way of getting people to buy a terrible game. If they actually showed off the game play nobody would buy it lol

Reactions: Garblant

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
its basicaly a poor mans last guardian cash in type of game imo, that doesnt mean it will be bad, if its on phisical format i would gladly buy it if its digital only then nope.

Reactions: tbb043
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
its basicaly a poor mans last guardian cash in type of game imo, that doesnt mean it will be bad, if its on phisical format i would gladly buy it if its digital only then nope.
It'll be on physical format but I doubt many will bother buying it, at least on the Switch.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lowly reviewed across the board for all platforms. Many complain of its bugs, story, and gameplay.

For those who like numbers and don't want to read the actual reviews (in this case I don't blame you), it's not 6-7/10 bad. It's 4/10 bad.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scores mean nothing. Galerians: Ash got HORRIBLE reviews when it came out & that's still one of my favorite games to this day.

I enjoy this game MORE than The Last Guardian. Not saying it's the be all end all of great games, but I do like it more than TLG.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People tend to not read the review and just scroll down to the score, so I put the score at the bottom part. If you think the game looks good and you're interested in trying it, don't let the low scores stop you.

I read reviews thoroughly to see what the issues that people seem to have are, and to see what similarities and differences in their opinions. Take the recent GBAtemp review for a Rose in the Twilight for example. The reviewer gave it a 6/10, but he also stated how good the atmosphere was. Lo and behold, along with the screenshots showing off the tone and art style it's enough to draw me in.

Troll and I, however, in many of the reviews, suffers from numerous factors. When numerous bugs and poor combat system as an almost universal complaint, that'll make me think twice. It won't kill off my curiosity about the game entirely, but I don't think I'll pick it up at full price either.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The name bothers me. Without context it can't be proven, but I'm almost certain Troll and Me should be the name, and they've fallen prey to the myth that you have to use "and I" which is not true at all.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The name bothers me. Without context it can't be proven, but I'm almost certain Troll and Me should be the name, and they've fallen prey to the myth that you have to use "and I" which is not true at all.
Although using "me" is acceptable, grammarians traditionally frown upon it and I don't blame them. It goes against the natural flow of the language, it's easier and more natural to use "I", and sounds better too.

You could hammer a nail with a brick, but you would look stupid doing it.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although using "me" is acceptable, grammarians traditionally frown upon it and I don't blame them. It goes against the natural flow of the language, it's easier and more natural to use "I", and sounds better too.

"If it works, it ain't stupid!"

Well, doesn't stop you from LOOKING stupid.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP

Yep. "I" sounds more formal and natural whereas "Me" is down the lines of personal, basic and unprofessional. Don't take it from me, ask a professor/teacher.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Either could be right depending what comes next, if the people are subjects or objects in the sentence.

"Troll and I went to the shops" -> if you take out "Troll and" then it's right, so needs to be "I".

"They busted Troll and me" -> if you take out "Troll and" then it's right, so needs to be "me".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello