Hardware Anyone else here having pitch/beep noise issues with the ps4?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
so the thing is, i once swapped out my ps4 hdd from the official 500gb to a 2tb one. (Seagate one)

the 2tb from the very first day made awful creaky and chirping sounds ,so it was unbearable.

so i went on ahead and bought a 1tb by Toshiba (laptop sata 2.5") basically those that fit into the ps4.

swapped it into it and has been splendid for the first 2 months, but now the 1tb is also making some weird very low pitched noise.
and that noise can only be heard when i am playing a game or when i am downloading something,

basically when i am putting the HDD to work i guess?

it is abit annoying, but is this normal ?

here is a link to what type of sound i mean with my current 1tb HDD.

note: my ps4 is the newer model one , the all mat finish with physical buttons.

D

Deleted-355425

Does it have anything to do with rpm speeds? Is there a max or minimum for the ps4?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Does it have anything to do with rpm speeds? Is there a max or minimum for the ps4?

could be.. i am not sure,

but the stock RPm you know the HDD's the ps4 come with are all 5400 max.

and the HDD i have placed in currently the 1tb toshiba, is also 5400 rpm.

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All I have noticed with mine is that it would fail to boot the OS and the disc would sound like it was being bloody mutilated and torn apart. Only happened twice though, and the second time the OS did boot. Is that bad?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
All I have noticed with mine is that it would fail to boot the OS and the disc would sound like it was being bloody mutilated and torn apart. Only happened twice though, and the second time the OS did boot. Is that bad?

nope , not extremely bad, it just is annoying when it does make it all the time.
(mine also did that thing you have experienced and it is normal so dont worry)
i think it is my 1TB drive that causes the pitch noise.

it never happened with the stock 500GB.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got a 2tb in mine, never had any issue like that, it can get loud sometimes when I'm playing content that is installed to the hdd though

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I've got the 500GB new model...perhaps the hardware change in the new models is what's causing that.

after i made alot of research regarding the pitch noise, it has turned out it was not even my 1tb hdd.

i placed my 500gb in and i still had that fan noise (the pitch high pitch nosie comes from the FAN) not the hdd, so i swapped my 1tb back in.

the thing that caues it are the new models of ps4's man .. :( it does not happen with the first batch of ps4's the ones with shiny glossy side.

the newer models with all mat finish and physical buttons, majority or nearly all of those models have that fan pitch noise.. so cant do much about it other than to ignore it.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My ps4 BD drive is noisy at times, but other than that the console is quite silent. Mine is 1215 though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.