Any software for hosting a WEP wifi network?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just remembered one other thing that could solve your problem, but is again a hardware solution. Back in the day, Nintendo had released a special dongle that took the computer's connection and relayed it automatically as a WEP connection for use with the NDS and Wii. If you can find one of those (should go for about 6$ for a used one), it can make your life easy and it actually works with the PSP too (I have one myself and tested it).

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I just remembered one other thing that could solve your problem, but is again a hardware solution. Back in the day, Nintendo had released a special dongle that took the computer's connection and relayed it automatically as a WEP connection for use with the NDS and Wii. If you can find one of those (should go for about 6$ for a used one), it can make your life easy and it actually works with the PSP too (I have one myself and tested it).

IIRC they were forced to stop selling those due to some lawsuit.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Native Android tethering also works just fine if you use it sparingly, but if you reside in the US most wireless carriers charge premium for a plan that allows tethering (in fact, you can often not see the option on iOS, for example, until you've had your carrier enable it for your account on their side, or at least it used to work that way). If you use it quite a bit you can look forward to a 'friendly' reminder letter from your carrier that you are using a service that has a charge associated with it, or you may find that your plan was automatically 'upgraded' to allow for tethering since you were enjoying it a bit too much for their tastes.
This is why I use a prepaid plan. No carrier limits or contracts to hassle with. And again, with something like PDANet, you don't have to use your mobile data. For creating a simple relay from your PC's connection, it suffices.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is why I recommended PDANet. It does the same thing.

Reactions: ThoD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: either that or the lgbt slang