Hacking Question Any good programs to restore NAND

Tonydaexpert

C++ Pleb, but with a Monado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know if I am missing something, but there seems to be no talk of how one would restore their Nand (except privately) and there are no tutorials in sight for Switch users who could use one. if anyone has a payload that allows NAND restoring that would be great. Thanks in Advance

Reactions: Ruffyesss

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Well, given that it is possible to run dd/dcfldd under Linux, you should be able to restore a raw, full, uncompressed (32 GiB) eMMC backup from the SD card using something like this:

Code:
sudo dcfldd if=/home/alarm/rawnand.bin of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=512

Assuming that your full backup is located at /home/alarm/rawnand.bin, that is. Please note that I haven't used this myself; I created my full dump using Linux before Hekate-IPL was released, although I see no reason why this shouldn't work.

Reactions: The9thBit and Quwel

Tonydaexpert

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really clear and answer there buddy
The option to restore nand will be added to hekate once it's ready. I'm looking forward to that too
Saying something is coming is not the same as saying it currently exists, I could say GameCube emulation on Switch and mods are coming “when it’s ready as well” anyways thank you for the info, I appreciate it

martyjake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saying something is coming is not the same as saying it currently exists, I could say GameCube emulation on Switch and mods are coming “when it’s ready as well” anyways thank you for the info, I appreciate it

There was a guy who bricked his system, and one of the more tech literate users wrote a script to fix it. If your really worried about bricking just wait till Athmosphere or TX cfw comes out in like a month. TX has a garantee and a warranty.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obviously it meant that it will be released once its ready

Tonydaexpert

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a guy who bricked his system, and one of the more tech literate users wrote a script to fix it. If your really worried about bricking just wait till Athmosphere or TX cfw comes out in like a month. TX has a garantee and a warranty.
This isn't for me, its for many people I have come across with bricked switches, and I did see the post and the tech literate user that wrote the script. Having a method to restore NAND should not be kept obscure regardless of the recommended qualifications for one to hack their switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?