Hacking Any full guide with all modchip ?

DoForLove

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all

I'd like to create a full guide for modchips, their compatibility, installation, etc. I'm not very advanced on the subject, but I'll do what I can. I will do my own research, but I also ask for your help to complete this guide the best possible and help the community. I will start by asking the main questions and bringing what I already know :

. What are the different chips currently available ?
. What are the features of each ?
. The differences ?
. Strong points / weak points ?
. What are the prices ? Where can we get them ?
. Which switch models are they compatible with ?
. And finally a full guide/installation video link of each chip.

You can copy paste the questions, and answer them below. I'll edit the topic as it progresses. I'm not very active on the forum due to my personal schedule, so forgive me if it takes a while to build it. What do you think ?

Last edited by DoForLove,
Reactions: evil_santa

DoForLove

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you. I will try to create a thread like that. Unfortunately, I don't have enough knowledge of current hack for nintendo switch. So anyone can contribute. The more help there is, the more guide will be complete and precise. I am not fully active, so it may take time. Sorry in advance for that.

Reactions: dehydrated_lemur

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some OLED chips I worked with:
  • Hwfly oled v3
1696396513170.png
  • BGA FPGA chip. Not flashable, no usb port
  • Appeared on aliexpress late 2021/early 2022
  • Made for OLED model, should be compatible with all mariko units
  • QSB for A/C/D points, QSB ribbon cable quality is bad
  • DAT0 adapter, may come with black/yellow full adapter or corner adapter
  • Runs a modded version of spacecraft-nx (no sd screen is white with rocket on bottom)
  • Disappeared quickly after release of oled v4
  • hwfly oled v4
1696396909730.png
  • QFN FPGA chip. Flashable, fully compatible with hwfly-nx
  • Appeared on aliexpress early 2022
  • Made for OLED model, should be compatible with all mariko units
  • No QSB for A/C/D points, direct connection required (Later batch may come with a QSB ribbon with holes which you need to solder to the chip)
  • DAT0 adapter, may come with black/yellow full adapter or yellow corner adapter
  • Runs a modded version of spacecraft-nx (no sd screen is white with rocket on bottom), can be upgraded to hwfly-nx (no sd screen is grey with hekate logo)
  • Disappeared after hwfly group got busted in china early 2023
  • Hwfly oled v4.1
1696398884100.jpeg
  • BGA FPGA chip. Flashable, but not fully compatible with hwfly-nx (FPGA firmware is reverse engineered, not original). Stability issues.
  • Made by another group, not hwfly themselves. I'll call them hwfly-clone group.
  • Appeared on aliexpress mid 2022
  • Made for lite model, should be compatible with all mariko units. It's actually a lite chip, but sold as oled chip
  • QSB for A/C/D points, ribbon cable quality is ok
  • DAT0 adapter, may come with black/yellow full adapter or yellow corner adapter. May also come with emmc adapter that breaks out dat/cmd/clk signals.
  • Runs a modded version of spacecraft-nx (no sd screen is white with rocket on bottom), can be upgraded to hwfly-nx (no sd screen is grey with hekate logo)
  • Disappeared after release of hwfly v5
  • hwfly oled v5
1696399666188.png
  • BGA FPGA chip. Flashable, but not fully compatible with hwfly-nx (FPGA firmware is reverse engineered, not original). Stability issues.
  • Made by another group, not hwfly themselves. I'll call them hwfly-clone group.
  • Appeared on aliexpress late 2022
  • Made for OLED model, should be compatible with all mariko units.
  • QSB for A/C/D points, ribbon cable quality is bad (known to cause interferrence on dat0 and cause emmc corruption)
  • DAT0 adapter, may come with black/yellow full adapter or yellow corner adapter. May also come with emmc adapter that breaks out dat/cmd/clk signals.
  • Disappeared early 2023
  • hwfly oled v5 clones
1696399911570.png
  • Made by some other groups, neither hwfly nor hwfly-clone. May come in black or green pcb, but green pcb is most common. Usually have the same formfactor as v4/v5, but could also come in other pcb layouts.
  • Appeared on aliexpress late 2022
  • Made for OLED model, should be compatible with all mariko units.
  • QSB for A/C/D points, ribbon cable quality is bad
  • Runs a modded version of spacecraft-nx (no sd screen is white with rocket on bottom, on some clones it will show a sd card icon, similar to TX chips), can be upgraded to hwfly-nx (no sd screen is grey with hekate logo)
  • Disappeared early 2023
  • instinct nx (v6)
1696400205093.png
  • QFN FPGA chip. Flashable, fully compatible with hwfly-nx.
  • Made by original hwfly group (according to my seller on taobao they didn't get arrested and simply changed their name and moved on)
  • Appeared on aliexpress early 2023
  • Made for OLED model, compatible with all mariko units
  • First batch with black PCB has some QC issues (ground plane near A/C/D/3v3 pads are not fully covered and may cause a short to ground), fixed in later revisions
  • QSB for A/C/D points, ribbon cable quality is good. Mariko v2 and lite QSB cables are also available
  • DAT0 adapter, may come with black/yellow full adapter or yellow corner adapter.
  • Runs a modded version of hwfly-nx (no sd screen is grey with instinct logo)
  • Only modchip with FPGA in production
  • Picofly RP2040
1696400964035.png
1696400984585.png
1696401037954.png
1696401103762.png
1696401322785.png
1696401351944.png
1696401389912.png

• Flashable, picofly firmware
  • Many, many different designs, but they all have the same rp2040 chip, spi flash and 1-2 buttons
  • Appeared on aliexpress early 2023
  • Made for OLED model, compatible with all mariko/erista units
  • QSB for A/C/D points, ribbon cable quality varies.
  • Usually comes with dat0 adapter
  • Runs picofly firmware (no sd screen is grey with picofly logo)
  • Usually cheaper than instinct-nx, but may have issues with hynix/toshiba emmc. Not as reliable as instinct nx/hwfly v4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol