Homebrew Another System Update 11.8

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T.T this makes me hate nintendo even more at least it isn't a full brick if it was Nintendo would face a Tsunami of Lawsuits and fines, btw if you have an older Native_Firm or find one on the net (hint hint) you can externally load it through Luma's config menu and bypass the soft brick

Last edited by chrisrlink,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
T.T this makes me hate nintendo even more at least it isn't a full brick if it was Nintendo would face a Tsunami of Lawsuits and fines

It most likely isn't even deliberate by Ninty. Since CFW works by patching things as the firmware is loaded into memory it is not surprising that any major change would break things.

TomJones

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was on luma and did the update.. What can I do now? I tried CakeFW like said earlier and it hangs on boot. no idea how to make it work :cry:

FloppyMoppy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i tried to seedmine finally today of all fcking days then this happens seedminer does still work but after installing bootstrap luma does not open sadly so should i wait until luma hopefully finds a fix or just give up

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i tried to seedmine finally today of all fcking days then this happens seedminer does still work but after installing bootstrap luma does not open sadly so should i wait until luma hopefully finds a fix or just give up
you can Use Luma IF you enable loading External Firms and load the 11.7 FIRM for your 3DS Type (New / Old)

Reactions: Quantumcat

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
That option didn't cross my head. Isn't there a workaround?

Yes. Either use the chainloader (which is unaffected) to boot gm9/ofi/etc or worst case use a ntrboot cart to fix it. In this case though you can also use the external .firm loading feature to load an 11.4/5/6 nfirm.

Reactions: NFates

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how exactly do i do that
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...update_118_is_out_and_breaks_luma3ds/e3bmxcb/
its just going to mask a problem so keep an eye out for an updated nightly/stable that has a proper 11.8 fix.

I can't believe Luma's fucking dead /s
Nintendo's really stepping up their game with these stability updates.
they hadn't likely Specifcally targeted Luma or any of the CFW but something inadvertently with a Major Firm update and any big Firm update is bound to break indirectly or Directly Luma's patches.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe Luma's fucking dead /s
Nintendo's really stepping up their game with these stability updates.
I don't think "not yet compatible with the newly released firmware update" and "dead" are the same thing.

Edit: sorry, my mind skipped over the /s there for some reason.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

FloppyMoppy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its just going to mask a problem so keep an eye out for an updated nightly/stable that has a proper 11.8 fix.

i see but the thing is like after i open sudoku then install boot9strap nothing happens after o shut down so im technically not on cfw bc it should open luma3ds but it doesnt :'(

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
they hadn't likely Specifcally targeted Luma or any of the CFW but something inadvertently with a Major Firm update and any big Firm update is bound to break indirectly or Directly Luma's patches.

I don't think "not yet compatible with the newly released firmware update" and "dead" are the same thing.

Edit: sorry, my mind skipped over the /s there for some reason.
Jesus Christ Almighty, do people pay attention to /s anymore? Do I have to make it large and obnoxious for you to notice?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Man we were gonna have a game night at my buddy's house but he wasn't feeling great so he...