• Views 40,579
  • Replies 212
  • Likes 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
How can they run out of stock for a download?
Not sure if sarcasm..but typically preorder items appear as out of stock for smaller companies until preorders go live to assure that nothing is sold earlier or oversold

jramirex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can they run out of stock for a download?
I was about to post something similar but I'l do you one better.

Why would they need a reseller for their DRM CFW?

If it needs a key why use a third party to sell the software?

If the dongle is only $10 more that means its just a simple USB device like a Teensy.

I'm honestly very confused about the reselling part though, all it does is increase prices for costumers so why go that route?

Last edited by jramirex,
Reactions: weatMod

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Gateway abandoned their card, many DS flashcards weren't updatable: I'm scared for these reasons about an hardware solution...
Atmosphere is right around the corner, so I think I will wait even XS has a reasonable price. Aldo, se don't know so much, so, for me, is too early to make a preorder

Last edited by EmanueleBGN,
D

Deleted User

OP
Gateway abandoned their card, many DS flashcards weren't updatable: I'm scared for these reasons about an hardware solution...
Atmosphere is right around the corner, so I think I will wait even XS has a reasonable price. Aldo, se don't know so much, so, for me, is too early to make a preorder
TX has been around longer than us

Reactions: Lumince

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As @garyopa states over on MaxConsole, probably need to wait a couple days for sites to get updated information ready.

Capture.PNG

Last edited by Maximilious,

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to post something similar but I'l do you one better.

Why would they need a reseller for their DRM CFW?

If it needs a key why use a third party to sell the software?

If the dongle is only $10 more that means its just a simple USB device like a Teensy.

I'm honestly very confused about the reselling part though, all it does is increase prices for costumers so why go that route?
Perhaps they will allow the re-sellers to brand the OS and include nifty addons, like a switch health monitor, and a proprietary updater that only checks that retailers site for updates, etc, for a small re-seller fee. much like a certain OS i know of.....

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps with the current state of the Switch, ModChipCentral doesn't see much of a profit margin on the product, and decided not to carry it.

See below.

Last edited by Maximilious,

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, they are a store name Modchip Central, that sells Modchips, yet they won't sell the modchip for the Switch because Nintendo won't allow it? Uh, ya, OK.

They are under 'court orders' over sky3ds/gateway3ds/r4ds products in past, a year ago, still a while until they pay off the lawyers and get back into nintendo shit, see here:

Full Press Release: http://ap.nintendo.com/_pdf/news/618065283.doc

REDMOND, Wash., March 7, 2017 – A Canadian federal court ruled in favor of Nintendo of America Inc. in its case against Jeramie King and his affiliated business, Go Cyber Shopping Ltd. The case confirms that the distribution of circumvention devices – “flashcarts,” “modchips” and “game copiers” such as Sky3DS, Gateway 3DS and similar devices – is illegal. In a strong rebuke to the defendant’s activities, the court awarded Nintendo $12.76 million (CAD) against Go Cyber Shopping Ltd., including $1 million in punitive damages. The case is the first of its kind to test the Canadian Copyright Act’s Anti-Circumvention law and resulted in a resounding win for Nintendo.

Through a storefront and multiple websites that he controlled, King was a prolific distributor of large quantities of game copier devices and modchips, and also offered hardware-modification services. Game copiers and modchips enable users to circumvent Nintendo’s console security to download and play illegal copies of video game software in violation of Nintendo’s copyrights and trademarks. After years of routinely boasting of his activities on social media, King will now be forced to issue an apology on his website for the damage that he caused to Nintendo, its developers and partners.

“Nintendo continues to be a leader in bringing innovative gaming platforms and software to our fans and millions of gamers across the globe,” said Devon Pritchard, Nintendo of America’s General Counsel and Senior Vice President of Business Affairs. “Nintendo has an established track record that demonstrates our resolve to protect our iconic characters and franchises. We will continue to protect the creative works of our developers and vigorously enforce our intellectual property rights against those that attempt to steal or misuse them.”

But, by the way, nintendo loves to bend their 'court cases', to the truth that fits:

https://www.maxconsole.com/threads/...gainst-seller-of-circumvention-devices.44132/

See this link above for true story! :)

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: more info and links.

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
I just contacted modchipcentral and i got a repky saying they are not stocking it nontendo wont allow it ??? Wtf

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, they are a store name Modchip Central, that sells Modchips, yet they won't sell the modchip for the Switch because Nintendo won't allow it? Uh, ya, OK.
Hmmmm. perhaps they got a look at the OS, saw that it included something copyrighted by nintendo, and backed the hell away from selling it? usually they sell custom hardware for hacking, free downloads. TX is claiming to be selling a whole OS. If that includes HOS files, there could be infringement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...