Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
second

I would rather know how to make them myself, so I can update them on my own accordingly, but that would be the next best thing!

@ xzxero... if you have a channel with a hybrid dol, we can use customize mii to use that as the base wad, then u can insert a new banner and icon and sound from different wads (essentially replacing everything from the hybrid channel except the hybrid dol). Obviously it would make life a lot easier if the hybrid dols were available, but thats a work around in the meantime.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hybrid dol's, yeah sure give me a sec and ill add them to the sources section

EDIT

Ive added what i can at this this and also updated the sources links with the exact same sources i currenlt use with devkit 19

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
btw, i tried using your method to create a hybrid channel (based on the instructions u gave xzxero) and the resulting binary was not a forwarder, it would only load the dol that i built into it. Do you have any ideas/advice?

i actual thought the same when i done it but if you get a version lower/higher app than the internal boot.dol then testing makes it a bit easyier

say you placed CFG 48 as the internal boot.dol then compiling, then had CFG 49 on the SD:/apps/usbloader_cfg, simply start the channel with the SD in and CFG 49 would load but if the SD was out then CFG 48 would load, if you have the same verion app as the internal dol it would seem like it wasnt forwarding as the 2 apps are the same version, i hope that make sense or you maybe your compile it wrong or injecting the wrong boot.dol after compiling?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
pepxl said:
xflak40 said:
btw, i tried using your method to create a hybrid channel (based on the instructions u gave xzxero) and the resulting binary was not a forwarder, it would only load the dol that i built into it. Do you have any ideas/advice?

i actual thought the same when i done it but if you get a version lower/higher app than the internal boot.dol then testing makes it a bit easyier

say you placed CFG 48 as the internal boot.dol then compiling, then had CFG 49 on the SD:/apps/usbloader_cfg, simply start the channel with the SD in and CFG 49 would load but if the SD was out then CFG 48 would load, if you have the same verion app as the internal dol it would seem like it wasnt forwarding as the 2 apps are the same version, i hope that make sense or you maybe your compile it wrong or injecting the wrong boot.dol after compiling?

I did exactly what u said, the internal dol was v49, and the dol on my sd card was v48 (just switched from 49 to test this channel), and each time it loaded the internal dol (v49).

Its possible I am compiling it wrong, I got devkitpro, i copied over the libogc files you suggested, I edited the main file (only the one word from Triiforce to usbloader_cfg, I did this to all references of it), and I copied the CFG v49 boot.dol to the right directory. I then selected "clean", then "make". Then I injected the dol into a wad using customizemii.

Posts merged

also, for some reason your Mplayer CE 0.76 compatible forwarder did not even load the app, it reset to the wii system menu

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
I did exactly what u said, the internal dol was v49, and the dol on my sd card was v48 (just switched from 49 to test this channel), and each time it loaded the internal dol (v49).

Its possible I am compiling it wrong, I got devkitpro, i copied over the libogc files you suggested, I edited the main file (only the one word from Triiforce to usbloader_cfg, I did this to all references of it), and I copied the CFG v49 boot.dol to the right directory. I then selected "clean", then "make". Then I injected the dol into a wad using customizemii.

strange , ill try and do a simple tut when i can, but then compiling always click "save" before a "clean" and then "make" as it will save the changes that you made tot eh search location, also are you using the data/boot.dol? if so its the wrong one, that boot.dol is merged to make the new one thats located in the forwarders root folder and is always complied along with an boot.elf, basically the hybrid boot.dol will be in the root folder with the "project.pnproj" file.

also, for some reason your Mplayer CE 0.76 compatible forwarder did not even load the app, it reset to the wii system menu

mmm... is your MPlayer in the folder SD:/apps/mplayer_ce, cause ive tested it and it always finds my boot.dol and exits fine, plus its the official forwarder .dol provided by the MPlayer Team

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If I didn't hit save before cleaning and making it... would it still look for a boot.dol under the OLD path? Because that may explain why it launched the internal dol each time (as I don't have a triiforce_mrc directory on my sd card, I thought I had changed it to usbloader_cfg... so is that the cause of my problem?
(and yes, I was using the new boot.dol)

re the mplayer_ce channel, I don't know why it didn't work, I have everything set up properly, the channel even works if I have mplayer_ce v0.75 saved here (SD:/apps/mplayer_ce)... so I'm not sure what the problem is

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
If I didn't hit save before cleaning and making it... would it still look for a boot.dol under the OLD path? Because that may explain why it launched the internal dol each time (as I don't have a triiforce_mrc directory on my sd card, I thought I had changed it to usbloader_cfg... so is that the cause of my problem?
(and yes, I was using the new boot.dol)

re the mplayer_ce channel, I don't know why it didn't work, I have everything set up properly, the channel even works if I have mplayer_ce v0.75 saved here (SD:/apps/mplayer_ce)... so I'm not sure what the problem is

when compiling it will embed the boot.dol in the data folder as it is coded to look in that folder when compiling, the only thing cleaned is the newly compiled boot and elf dol's and the build folder and not the changes made

best save the changes before compiling as when you do hit make it reads the info from all the files of the source and if you didnt save then the old entry will still be there, its just a simple click on the single floppy disk looking icon in the toolbar and it saves what ever changes you done in the open window.

about mplayer, im not sure maybe you have a missing file? but if its finding 0.75 then just replace all the file in theat folder with the 0.76 ones and maybe itll fix the problem

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thx, I'll be sure to hit save next time before compiling!

re mplayer, I'll try replacing 0.75's contents with 0.76 and see what happens.

I should also point out that my other mplayer channel, launches 0.76 just fine, but stack dumps on exit. Whereas when I tried yours, it didn't launch it at all (it hung at the loading mplayer 0.76 screen before refreshing to the main system menu)

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you thought about using my libstub when compiling these forwarders? it's part of the usbloader source code. it will allow them to load the HBC return stub when launching a program. this will let it act as if it was launched from HBC itself.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
have you thought about using my libstub when compiling these forwarders? it's part of the usbloader source code. it will allow them to load the HBC return stub when launching a program. this will let it act as if it was launched from HBC itself.

im not really a coder so i wouldnt know how to merge the files into the forwarder source

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
what is the default path for mplayerce 76 or whatever is the troublesome one?

same as ever, its

SD:/apps/mplayer_ce/boot.dol

ive tried a little to merge your stub into the GX forwarder source but i getting this and cant seem to find the entry its refering to

QUOTE> "make"

> Process Exit Code: 0
> Time Taken: 00:02
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `certs.dat.o', needed by `/c/projects/GX_Forwarder/boot.elf'. Stop.
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:00

what ive done so far is added this entry to the main.cc

#include "lstub.h"

added these files to the source folder

lstub.c
lstub.h

and that about it lol

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.mediafire.com/?kwwmjoak5rl

try that. it uses the same image as our GX forwarder, but i had it load the stub into memory.

and that error is because you decided that you needed certs.dat in the forwarder. and when the compiler finds it in there with all the other files and sees that it ends with .dat it flips out. so either delete it from the project folders, or make a bin2o rule in the makefile for it.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kwwmjoak5rl

try that. it uses the same image as our GX forwarder, but i had it load the stub into memory.

and that error is because you decided that you needed certs.dat in the forwarder. and when the compiler finds it in there with all the other files and sees that it ends with .dat it flips out. so either delete it from the project folders, or make a bin2o rule in the makefile for it.

i just coppied the data folder from the GX loader source as the lstub.c was asking for stub_bin.h, must of forgot to delete the other files
rolleyes.gif
, even with or with out the stub.bin i get compile errors

QUOTE> "make"
main.cpp
video.cpp
cfg.c
dolloader.c
elfloader.c
fatmounter.c
lstub.c
c:/projects/GX_Forwarder/source/lstub.c:10:22: error: stub_bin.h: No such file or directory
c:/projects/GX_Forwarder/source/lstub.c: In function 'loadStub':
c:/projects/GX_Forwarder/source/lstub.c:86: error: 'stub_bin' undeclared (first use in this function)
c:/projects/GX_Forwarder/source/lstub.c:86: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
c:/projects/GX_Forwarder/source/lstub.c:86: error: for each function it appears in.)
c:/projects/GX_Forwarder/source/lstub.c:86: error: 'stub_bin_size' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [lstub.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:13

what entries have to be copied over to merge the stub into the forwarder source, any help would be great

thanks

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like you didnt make a rule for the .bin in the makefile. here's mine http://www.mediafire.com/?zmywnywtm3t

note that i used the same entrypoint as HBC, so it wont start from HBC. but it should start from the system menu fine. and also it should be able to load any app the HBC can. it sets the "return to" to JODI.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
sounds like you didnt make a rule for the .bin in the makefile. here's mine http://www.mediafire.com/?zmywnywtm3t

note that i used the same entrypoint as HBC, so it wont start from HBC. but it should start from the system menu fine. and also it should be able to load any app the HBC can. it sets the "return to" to JODI.

thanks pune, i'll still look into my compile error just so i gain a bit more experience with compiling but you help is appreciated

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. well i just tried my creation with the latest mplayer 0.76 and it started and exited fine. aside from the splash from our USB loader and the banner of DOOM I used, its perfect
smile.gif

and just a thought, but since people are using these in the first place, they probable dont want to see HBC when they exit. thats where the real magic of lstub.c comes into place. you can set it to boot the system menu whenever the program leaves and to the user, it looks just like they expect it to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: