ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Purpshuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'm pretty sure I downloaded the file correctly, since it works well on the terrain editor, but this pops up when I try to open it in the ram editor.
OLFKyYl
http://imgur.com/OLFKyYl

*edit* I'm wondering if this is the reason, but what I'm using is a Japanese physical copy of the game if that does anything

mumax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
With this RAM editor you can change one villager to another, as I know. For example: Wolfgang walking on my main street and 16-cycle isn't over for him, I can't get him from other mayor's town. If I change one of my ingame villager on Wolfgang, how it will affect on whole game? Can some problems occur? Or will Wolfgang just dissapear from main street without any issues? Thanks for your help! :)

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Okay, after losing time with this thing I've discovered that house furniture is twice on RAM. The save we have been dumping until now contains that data, but the game doesn't update those values in real-time, they are only updated there when you save the game. That's why injecting someone's else town wasn't updating room furniture (but I repeat: the data for the original house furniture is in it)
It's possible to dump and inject that memory chunk, but it's a bit harder than I thought since there are a lot of useless/unknown data between rooms. Since I've been busy lately, I don't think I'll work on that in a near future.

Also, duke_srg and I are planning to update the RAM dumper/injector with a fileless debug text version that should help some users who are having problems. They will also use a new different format for the RAM dumps (basically, they will be smaller since we're dumping a lot of useless bytes right now) so the RAM editor will become incompatible with the older format.

Sc0tline

Trophies
XP
Country
France
CTRL+F > 67005822

Replace for example "E5005822"
E5= Illuminated tree.
Just for example.

When I search "67005822" in HxD HEX it tell me "can't find 67005822"
I changed my town map like the screenshot but the game is still freezing, I have some buildings located between y:10 and y:15 (the player 1 house and the classic train station) can this is the reason of freezing?

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,459

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
When I search "67005822" in HxD HEX it tell me "can't find 67005822"
I changed my town map like the screenshot but the game is still freezing, I have some buildings located between y:10 and y:15 (the player 1 house and the classic train station) can this is the reason of freezing?

Search for 67003A16

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, after losing time with this thing I've discovered that house furniture is twice on RAM. The save we have been dumping until now contains that data, but the game doesn't update those values in real-time, they are only updated there when you save the game. That's why injecting someone's else town wasn't updating room furniture (but I repeat: the data for the original house furniture is in it)
It's possible to dump and inject that memory chunk, but it's a bit harder than I thought since there are a lot of useless/unknown data between rooms. Since I've been busy lately, I don't think I'll work on that in a near future.

Also, duke_srg and I are planning to update the RAM dumper/injector with a fileless debug text version that should help some users who are having problems. They will also use a new different format for the RAM dumps (basically, they will be smaller since we're dumping a lot of useless bytes right now) so the RAM editor will become incompatible with the older format.

Is there any specific information you're missing about rooms? I've been toying with room modification last week and furniture is pretty much the only thing I haven't pinpointed so far. :) If you tell me the information is twice in the RAM, I probably could do something with it.

But yeah, when I figured out how to update room size, it only worked upon reloading the game as well. I'm not really surprised that furniture is apparently working this way too

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I've tried to inject houses furnitures on the title screen, and even just before the town loading, it just doesn't work for some reasons...

edit: best friends data is not in the ram file dumped in the title screen

edit 2: we can edit villagers houses

Onzy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I don't know chere put this question, therefore I put her here :
How put a avatar on my villager card ?
How put the houses of villagers where I want ?
How change my name and town name ?

How put 999.999.999 bells in my bank ?

Thank you !

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Hello, I don't know chere put this question, therefore I put her here :
How put a avatar on my villager card ?
How put the houses of villagers where I want ?
How change my name and town name ?

How put 999.999.999 bells in my bank ?

Thank you !
1) You edit it on the ram file, no more help about that
2) Either you move them manually on the ram file, or you use marc's web ram editor to move them
3) https://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-animal-crossing-new-leaf-ram-editing-thread.385047/#post-5416752

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Is there any specific information you're missing about rooms? I've been toying with room modification last week and furniture is pretty much the only thing I haven't pinpointed so far. :) If you tell me the information is twice in the RAM, I probably could do something with it.

But yeah, when I figured out how to update room size, it only worked upon reloading the game as well. I'm not really surprised that furniture is apparently working this way too
I've tried to inject houses furnitures on the title screen, and even just before the town loading, it just doesn't work for some reasons...

edit: best friends data is not in the ram file dumped in the title screen

Explanation:
The game stores savegame in different files (flash ROM for retail, encrypted SD for digital):
garden.dat (what we've been dumping until now, it includes house furniture)
friend1.dat (player 1 data: house furniture, stored patterns and letters amongs other things)
friend[2-4].dat (the same for all four players)
exhibition.dat (StreetPass data)

After talking to Isabelle, the game loads up garden.dat completely into RAM (we will call it RAM savegame from now on). Then it loads some chunk of bytes from your friendX.dat files (stored pattern/letters are only loaded if you talk to the characters who manage them).
When playing, almost all savegame data (except house information) is modified in our RAM savegame.
All house modified information is modified in the address where friendX.dat was loaded.
When saving, some chunks of memory of the house data are copied over to our RAM savegame. Then the RAM savegame and all friendX.dat are saved into their respective files.
That's it, it explains why your room furniture edits injections failed.

Why does the house data is twice in RAM?
This is my theory: It's because playing as your character you can still go to the other players' houses. When you enter their houses, the furniture info is read from the RAM savegame. Since you can't edit other houses, they are safe.

Then, if my theory is correct, we may be able to edit all characters' houses that are not playing when dumping the RAM savegame. But I haven't tried it yet (anyone can confirm it?).

I'm not missing anything, since I have all addresses where everything is stored, I know where all rooms start (including museum rooms) and I managed to edit them perfectly. However, it would be tricky to make a perfect dump for that data, since they are scattered between a lot of unknown bytes.

Sc0tline

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have put a beach stair (look the map) but I dont understand where can I found nullbytes in HxD

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    6 KB · Views: 2,116

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol +1