Animal Crossing: Is it possible to edit a save file to terraform on a NON-modded switch?

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to terraform my island to be totally riverless.

I'm using a non-hacked switch.

Is it possible to edit the save and then re-inject it into the game? Would that trigger Nintendo's banning?

Note that I do have a hacked switch that I could use if that were necessary.

Thank you in advance!

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to terraform my island to be totally riverless.

I'm using a non-hacked switch.

Is it possible to edit the save and then re-inject it into the game? Would that trigger Nintendo's banning?

Note that I do have a hacked switch that I could use if that were necessary.

Thank you in advance!
That would trigger a console ban.

Reactions: testing123

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So no way around it whatsoever?

What if, for the sake of discussion, I never went online with it? And deleted AC before going back online?
Its only if you go online, then yes, your console will be marked as banned. If you want to modify saves and use them on your Switch, best to mod your Switch and use it offline in an EmuNAND environment.

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its only if you go online, then yes, your console will be marked as banned. If you want to modify saves and use them on your Switch, best to mod your Switch and use it offline in an EmuNAND environment.

Okay, thanks for the info.

Unfortunately this switch is too new to be hacked, so I'm out of luck.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, thanks for the info.

Unfortunately this switch is too new to be hacked, so I'm out of luck.
Your best bet would be to modchip your system. Maybe take it to a professional who can do this for you.

belliq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a way around this! Your hacked switch sysNAND will need to be completely clean of anything bannable like pirated games and be linked to your Nintendo account with active NSO, need a legal copy of ACNH as well obviously.

1) Load offline CFW, open game, create a new ACNH save on your hacked switch
2) Dump to PC
3) Do your save edits via NHSE (I'd recommend using Ryujinx to check for issues instead of loading it into your hacked switch, much faster)
4) Load offline CFW, dump the save back onto hacked switch, open game to check it's okay, turn off switch
5) Load online stock firmware, open game and check again it's all okay
6) Follow these steps.

A warning, make sure there's a Kapp'n pier acre as if that's removed the game thinks that you're permanently in online multiplayer mode and won't allow you to terraform or dig trees. If you're doing anything major like removing or moving core buildings you need to check carefully that it all functions correctly because the transfer is one-way, you can start over again from hacked but it's still a pain.

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a way around this! Your hacked switch sysNAND will need to be completely clean of anything bannable like pirated games and be linked to your Nintendo account with active NSO, need a legal copy of ACNH as well obviously.

1) Load offline CFW, open game, create a new ACNH save on your hacked switch
2) Dump to PC
3) Do your save edits via NHSE (I'd recommend using Ryujinx to check for issues instead of loading it into your hacked switch, much faster)
4) Load offline CFW, dump the save back onto hacked switch, open game to check it's okay, turn off switch
5) Load online stock firmware, open game and check again it's all okay
6) Follow these steps.

A warning, make sure there's a Kapp'n pier acre as if that's removed the game thinks that you're permanently in online multiplayer mode and won't allow you to terraform or dig trees. If you're doing anything major like removing or moving core buildings you need to check carefully that it all functions correctly because the transfer is one-way, you can start over again from hacked but it's still a pain.

Interesting, alright. So basically it's doing the editing on the hacked switch BEFORE even touching the nonhacked.

So this would require 2 copies of Animal Crossing, and since the hacked switch can't be online, that would mean 1 physical copy for the hacked switch, right?

belliq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting, alright. So basically it's doing the editing on the hacked switch BEFORE even touching the nonhacked.

So this would require 2 copies of Animal Crossing, and since the hacked switch can't be online, that would mean 1 physical copy for the hacked switch, right?
You only need one copy, physical (or digital if your hacked switch is linked to your main Nintendo account). I think what you're missing is that it's completely fine to go online on a hacked switch (even in CFW) as long as the NAND you boot into doesn't have a dirty history like from pirating. You don't need to go online in CFW here though, and you're using the island transfer tool which is separate from the game itself which is why you don't need two copies.

You're doing this data transfer as if you're transferring an island between two unhacked switches, the only time hacking is involved is as you said, before moving anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good thing I have a vagina
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    Evil SylverReZ: "GuldRez"
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: Evil SylverReZ: "GuldRez"