renegadeandy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!

I have joined these forums in an effort to learn more and get support in the hardware repair side of the wonderful world of Consoles we live in! Very excited to have this community - I have been a long time reader but only just joined in an effort to get some support on a particular issue I am having.

I hope as I learn, to be able to give back to this community!

Take care - see you on the otherside!

Reactions: CoolMe

renegadeandy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to our site of gamers and programmers from around the world. Enjoy :)

If I may ask, What consoles do you have?
Aha!

Well I should admit I am also a programmer :)

I have *a lot*.

From the older retro stuff through to the latest:

1654529717633.png

All of these bar the PS5 and I have a lot of older machines not on here!

A question which you could maybe help explain to me. I have always wondered, what on earth is gbatemp? What does that mean? Are we referring to the game boy advance somehow?

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of these bar the PS5 and I have a lot of older machines not on here!
All EMF emitting devices.. 😍 🤘
A question which you could maybe help explain to me. I have always wondered, what on earth is gbatemp? What does that mean? Are we referring to the game boy advance somehow
Yes. This site started during the GBA era, most of the discussions in the site were about the GBA and its games iirc, so they named it GBATemporary. "GBATemp" for short. So the name just stuck i guess, even after it grew to include information about other consoles, hardware etc. over the years..

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
All EMF emitting devices.. 😍 🤘

Yes. This site started during the GBA era, most of the discussions in the site were about the GBA and its games iirc, so they named it GBATemporary. "GBATemp" for short. So the name just stuck i guess, even after it grew to include information about other consoles, hardware etc. over the years..
Thats why I joined. The GBA is low EMF. It took me a little time to learn that alot of people here play switch and steam deck. May higher powers have mercy with their reproductive organs.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats why I joined. The GBA is low EMF. It took me a little time to learn that alot of people here play switch and steam deck. May higher powers have mercy with their reproductive organs.
And this guy here ^, is our newest Walnut of the site.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8