American McGee's Alice: Madness Returns is back on Steam after five years

header.jpg

Alice: Madness Returns, the second game in American McGee's dark horror fantasy take on Alice in Wonderland, is back on Steam after being delisted in late 2016. While the game has been available on Origin consistently, many fans have been clamouring to get it back on Steam, based on the flood of positive reviews flooding the Steam page celebrating its return. While the Alice series has been dormant for quite some time, it appears to have picked up some steam in the last few months, with American McGee posting an outline for a third game on his Patreon, and a new TV show based on the franchise announced last month.

:arrow: Alice: Madness Returns Steam page

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
After all this time, mostly all who wanted it, already got them.

But it's all cool, I guess. Options are good.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first is just called American Mcgee's Alice

I'm kinda hoping this means a remaster for current gen is gonna happen.
They did make an HD version of the first game, but mysteriously it is completely unavailable for purchase.

Apparently the original version works nicely enough with community fixes, though.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tis a series and madness returns is the 2nd fame. The first is just called American Mcgee's Alice

I'm kinda hoping this means a remaster for current gen is gonna happen.
Also didn't know it was a series and ignorantly played Madness Returns on my PS3 thinking it was the only one.
But to be fair, Madness Returns released in 2011, while the first installment did in 2000 and I was just a little kid at that time.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Also didn't know it was a series and ignorantly played Madness Returns on my PS3 thinking it was the only one.
But to be fair, Madness Returns released in 2011, while the first installment did in 2000 and I was just a little kid at that time.
I'm pretty sure the first game was released as DLC for the second on PS3.

Yep, it's on NPS. I don't know if it's on PSN anymore and I can't be bothered to check.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure the first game was released as DLC for the second on PS3.

Yep, it's on NPS. I don't know if it's on PSN anymore and I can't be bothered to check.
Interesting, I shall see if the tools from the past still work, I got the disc from a friend and dumped it to play the backup and give the game back, so I don't think the DLC came with it.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
not to mention the first had some of the worst puzzles in existence because a lot of the puzzles were jumping puzzles and timed and you'd be lucky not to fall off the platforms or fall through them due to how damn buggy the game was so you had to restart them a lot of times. i didn't play it for too long i just couldn't stand playing it any longer one FUGE buggy MESS. second one was over 9000 times better physx made the pc version superior to other versions at the time too.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Man, that's some serious pent-up butthurt right there.

Not that I don't get it - the platforming caused me to ragequit as well. And I'm still nostalgic about it, for some reason.

Reactions: HalfScoper

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wonder what story the 3rd one will have because it's obvious from the second game
the whole thing is in her head while she is locked up in the sanatorium.
and if the series is as fucked up as the game we are in for a winner :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

sumblinker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This is my favourite series since 2000. I'm a huge fan of American McGee, the first game is my FAVOURITE videogame all time! The music, the graphics, the dark mood, the characters, everything is perfect for me.

I have even a fansite for Alice games, called alicefans. (I'ts a wordpress site/ fb group and fb page also.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yay!