DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ace Faith said:
To those talking about Bolivia's and Venezuela's support:

Today President Evo Morales along with his Venezuelan counterpart Hugo Chavez has voiced his support for Libya’s dictator of 42 years, Muammar Gaddafi and expressed his opposition to any outside military interference in Libya. Morales rejected the United Nations decree and no-fly zone saying that they were merely a pretext for gaining control of Lidia’s oil. Morales said during a press conference, “I want to take this opportunity to express my condemnation, rejection and repugnance towards the involvement of foreign powers in Libya. We don’t accept that they violate the human rights of Libya. Those that violate human rights and kill people must be investigated and punished. Using pretexts, some powers are militarily invading Libya. In the past with Iraq, it wasn’t a problem with Saddam Hussein, and in Libya it isn’t a problem with Gaddafi, it’s the interest in oil. Just like how they took the oil from Iraq, now it’s these interests that make them want Libya’s oil. This is what foreign powers always do and this is why we reject any military intervention by the United States and other countries towards Libya. Surely, there will be more deaths and wounded because of this intervention…and many orphans because of this intervention just like in Iraq. But it’s also a permanent communication battle, we don’t know the truth about what’s happening in Libya. There are conflicts in conflicts. But when there are problems like in Honduras, when there’s a coupe d’etat, the foreign powers try to establish democracy in Honduras…what contradictions from defunct empires.”[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

While I can understand why people support the UN intervention, I must say it's ultimately because of the oil. This WILL end up scarring Libya...
Libya was screwed from the beginning, as soon as people started protesting, Gaddafi got the guns out and started shooting people. Either let it run overboard and become a genocide or step in and take the bastard out. And I am not surprised that Chavez and Morales support the bastard, they are both insane dictators that won't relinquish power without either intervention from another nation due to a complete uprising of their own people or their own deaths.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Canonbeat234 said:
1234turtles said:
first eygpt then libya who's next

May I say that the US didn't interfere with Egypt. Also how much money is the US spending of this 'liberation' on libya?
It's not going to be a long term occupation, so not a lot of money.
At this point no U.S. military ground forces will be used. This will not be another Iraq. Election next year so Obama needs to tread carfully to not upset the voters if he want to get re elected.

I think France has more place in this situation. Something about Gaddafi's son saying French President Nicolas Sarkozy used Lybian money for his 2007 election.

Not sure if true but it is interesting. I was noticing that there was a large French involvement.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oveneise said:
Blow shit up.

In all seriousness, the Libyan people need our help. They might not want it, but they'll have a significantly higher chance beating him with the allied forces intervening.
They DO want it...
That was the problem with the Iraq war: the people didn't want us there.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gloweyjoey said:
twiztidsinz said:
Oveneise said:
Blow shit up.

In all seriousness, the Libyan people need our help. They might not want it, but they'll have a significantly higher chance beating him with the allied forces intervening.
They DO want it...
That was the problem with the Iraq war: the people didn't want us there.
Obama said the whole operation is going to be handed over to either the UK or France or both or NATO "in a matter of days"
I like pancakes.

Your comment, and mine just now, has nothing to do with what was being said.
Oveneise said "[the Libyan people] might not want [us there]", to which I replied that they DO. This was not the case in Iraq where the Iraqi people did not want us there.

As for the going on's in Libya, Obama wouldn't risk starting a full war especially in an election year. Instead, what he's done is shown himself to be a calm and calculating leader: one who will work for peace, but isn't afraid to do what needs to be done (Remember the incident with the Pirates that had Americans hostage and Obama called out Marine Snipers), which is a stark contrast to the 8 years of Cowboy Diplomacy of Bush Jr.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oveneise said:
Blow shit up.

In all seriousness, the Libyan people need our help. They might not want it, but they'll have a significantly higher chance beating him (Mommar Gadhafi) with the allied forces intervening.
Problem is that all the Allies don't have the intention of saving Libya to begin with. What they really want are the oilfield in Libya. By waging this no fly-zone they can install puppet in the government just like Iraq.

This no fly-zone operation could cost US 0.3 billions per week. Source With federal budget that has deficit already, I really wonder how our government is going to manage its budget.

Seriously, if you "REALLY" want to free Libya, then wage a full scale war instead of a no-fly zone.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
Oveneise said:
Blow shit up.

In all seriousness, the Libyan people need our help. They might not want it, but they'll have a significantly higher chance beating him (Mommar Gadhafi) with the allied forces intervening.
Problem is that all the Allies don't have the intention of saving Libya to begin with. What they really want are the oilfield in Libya. By waging this no fly-zone they can install puppet in the government just like Iraq.

This no fly-zone operation could cost US 0.3 billions per week. Source With federal budget that has deficit already, I really wonder how our government is going to manage its budget.

Seriously, if you "REALLY" want to free Libya, then wage a full scale war instead of a no-fly zone.
Right, because Wars are free...
Also, nice use of 0.3 Billion rather than 300 Million... and funny thing, I don't see any reference to million or billion in the article, not even a single "$".

And the goal is to help the Libyan people, not take over the country. And that's what's happening:QUOTE
Kadafi's forces near Benghazi "now possess little will or capability to resume offensive operations," said Gen. Carter Ham, the officer in charge of the operation, briefing Pentagon reporters via video from his headquarters in Germany. The United States already has begun taking a smaller role in the mission, he added. Fewer than half the air missions flown Monday were piloted by Americans.
Let the Libyan people have Libya (SHOCKING I KNOW!).
Let them fight the battles, and let them run the government. Give them the support they don't have, but leave it to them.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Right, because Wars are free...
Also, nice use of 0.3 Billion rather than 300 Million... and funny thing, I don't see any reference to million or billion in the article, not even a single "$".

And the goal is to help the Libyan people, not take over the country. And that's what's happening:

Let the Libyan people have Libya (SHOCKING I KNOW!).
Let them fight the battles, and let them run the government. Give them the support they don't have, but leave it to them.
Do you really believe every single word coming from our government? Not saying it is a bad thing if you are, but government has always been lying to its people.

I'm not saying war are free, rather a full scale war allows US to put more resource/focus on it. Speed up the process and allows full congressional review (although congressman lies too).

"$"300 millions --> http://thehill.com/homenews/news/149095-de...n-a-week?page=3

Oilfield -->
http://orientalreview.org/2011/03/05/the-u...d-gas-by-force/
http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/677-e2-wi...-because-of-oil

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Your comment, and mine just now, has nothing to do with what was being said.
Oveneise said "[the Libyan people] might not want [us there]", to which I replied that they DO. This was not the case in Iraq where the Iraqi people did not want us there.
First off, I am sorry for offending you by quoting you in my post. I was only trying to carry on the conversation and with Obama saying no US troops will be stepping foot in Libya and the operation being handed over in a matter of days was relevant to your use of Iraq and the Iraqi war in comparison. Again I was just trying to continue on with the conversation, seems like some people prefer to argue in these threads. I will edit my post for you.

Secondly, I played the 3DS today. I must say the blue looks a lot better in person. Oh wait, that wasn't the topic.

Looks like Obama is getting a lot of heat now for not checkin' in with congress before supporting a UN Security Council resolution authorizing allies to enforce a no-fly zone. Also, the no fly zone is being extended.

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaddafi's youngest son (Saif Gaddafi) has been killed in an air strike by NATO apparently....

QUOTE said:
A Nato air strike in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, has killed the son of the Libyan leader, Colonel Gaddafi, a government spokesman has said.

Colonel Gaddafi himself was in the large residential villa which was hit by the strike, the spokesman added, but he was unharmed.

His son Saif al-Arab was killed, as well as three of his grandsons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13251570

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Stewy12 said:
Gaddafis's youngest son (Saif Gaddafi) has been killed in an air strike by NATO apparently....

QUOTE said:
A Nato air strike in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, has killed the son of the Libyan leader, Colonel Gaddafi, a government spokesman has said.

Colonel Gaddafi himself was in the large residential villa which was hit by the strike, the spokesman added, but he was unharmed.

His son Saif al-Arab was killed, as well as three of his grandsons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13251570
Well that's just fucking dandy. Gaddafi's going to react to this, no doubt.

D

Deleted_171835

Evo.lve said:
Fear Zoa said:
We would only ever use Nukes as a last resort.....Besides even if we did we would be violating all kinds of restrictions and laws....
Bombing the army of a tyrannical, insane dictator isn't going to violate any moral laws.

Seriously.
Bombing up tons of innocent bystanders and rendering an entire area of the country inhabitable is going to violate several moral laws.

Seriously.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1234turtles said:
man this is just the start of world war 3
why do we have to have war

I will answer this question in immense detail.

The natural enemy of a carrot is a rabbit. The natural enemy of a rabbit is a fox. The natural enemy of a fox is a bear. If you follow that train of logic, eventually you get to the point where you need to try and think of a natural enemy of a human, which coincidentally can only be *another human*, just with different beliefs. No other animal in the entire animal kingdom can be as deadly on such a massive scale, thus only this clash makes any sense.

War is necessary and essential. It's the only thing that keeps this overcrowded planet together. There cannot be peace without a war from time to time, much like there cannot be light without darkness and there cannot be white without black to contrast it.

This is by no means the beginning of World War 3 - Libya's forces will be entirely obliterated within a few days. You're assuming that confronting Tomahawk missles with sticks and stones will evoke a world-wide conflict, which is total bullcrap. NOBODY LIKES KADAFFI. EVERYBODY'S GLAD HE'S GETTING BOMBED TO SMITHEREENS. Jeeez, some common sense would be welcome.

Besides, we should all be thankful that the U.S.A defends us from the Devil from the East by means of bombing small countries.

America.gif

I still remember watching US news once, they were covering the "Iraq fun" and I saw Poland next to Iraq on the map they showed, so this is very true.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    F = Freedom units
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    So... C = Cum units?
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: So... C = Cum units?