Hacking All games freeze when playing off external hard drive

mrt3o3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried a lot and for some reason still cant get my external hard drive to play these games without freezing! I originally downloaded WBFS loader and formatted my hard drive (Its an old HP hard drive with an enclosure). After doing that I added all my games just fine but they froze. So then I tried Configurable USB loader and still got the same problem. Then I downloaded cIOS Rev 20 and re-formatted my hard drive as FAT-32 and used wii backup manager to add my games. After all that and still nothing.
How can I fix this? The games usually freeze around 3 mins of play time

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mrt3o3 said:
I have tried a lot and for some reason still cant get my external hard drive to play these games without freezing! I originally downloaded WBFS loader and formatted my hard drive (Its an old HP hard drive with an enclosure). After doing that I added all my games just fine but they froze. So then I tried Configurable USB loader and still got the same problem. Then I downloaded cIOS Rev 20 and re-formatted my hard drive as FAT-32 and used wii backup manager to add my games. After all that and still nothing.
How can I fix this? The games usually freeze around 3 mins of play time
maybe the drive does auto spindown?
look what you can find round the inet bout that

mrt3o3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked into that and cant find anything on how to fix that. I've seen countless posts by people with that problem but everywhere I looked they didnt have a solution even though they were able to fix some of them
Does anyone know how I can?

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Search for a firmware update or settings program for your HP drive. You should be able to find one on their site. Set your drive to never sleep/spin-down.

mrt3o3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah maybe I'll try that. I just dont want to buy a new one just to have it not work. Do you know of any confirmed to work?

agris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the FAT32 partition the only one? I had the same problem (but on a WBFS partition in conjunction with a FAT32) and it my issue was the partition with the game backups was not set to ACTIVE. There are two options, Primary and Active, and you want the game partition to only be set to active. Even if it's not, usb loader will detect the games and will appear to work fine until you attempt to launch them.

mrt3o3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agris said:
Is the FAT32 partition the only one? I had the same problem (but on a WBFS partition in conjunction with a FAT32) and it my issue was the partition with the game backups was not set to ACTIVE. There are two options, Primary and Active, and you want the game partition to only be set to active. Even if it's not, usb loader will detect the games and will appear to work fine until you attempt to launch them.

Maybe thatll work, I believe it's the only partition but idk. How do I set it to active?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow