All custom xbox and xbox 360 halo weapon mods

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if we can share modded maps here, but if we can, it would be great to share all custom hacked weapons for the halo collection on the orig xbox and xbox 360 campaign. Has anyone done any custom work? Like rockets coming from an smg in halo 2, or increase the range of the energy sword to 100 so you can fly across a good portion of the map? Maybe tank shells from the magnum?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We post ROM hacks on the portal all the time so mods are well within the remit of the site.
How many here mod Halo on the other hand is a different matter -- for most the franchise died with 3, maybe ODST and a few stuck around as the bonus modes of Reach were not so bad/pretty polished compared to earlier efforts and this was around the time of Horde mode being popular on everything. This also meant 1 and 2 died off as far as any discussions about the game in general, never mind the modding scene for it that was split between Halo 1 PC (which has some wonderful stuff), basic stuff for LAN play on the original xbox and a few doing actual work, plus those that took the options the internal tools gave you and ran with it (some of the warthog racing maps being rather special) and a few others seeing what red vs blue were doing before they became internet history rather than present culture.

That said I still reckon they have a few things to teach games so maybe you can be the change you wish to see.

Might want to cover the basics of what is necessary (I don't imagine anybody likely to read this does not have a modded original xbox if they are going to roll that way, JTAG/RGH 360 might be harder), to include how to pull apart ISOs and rebuild them if you do have a modded machine, what files they might want to look at, formats of said files if available, what tools (if any) are available and I believe there are a few that get mentioned when I browsed the various xbox modding sites in years past,

Also with the xbox live https://gbatemp.net/threads/xbox-li...ment-server-announced-titled-insignia.565759/ replacement maybe there will even be a bit of a renaissance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1