Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dust2dust said:
doyama said:
tomrev said:
Are all DMA Modes removed?

Hmm true the older DMA modes don't seem to work anymore. Though to be honest I've never had to change it from the default. What games are you playing where you have to change the DMA mode?

That seems to be correct. Old DMA compatibility modes are disabled now, or at least, they are not accessed the same way as before. One very recent game coming to mind is Monster Jam: Path of Destruction (GBATemp #5366, DS-Scene #5475). Was working fine on 1.8.1 with either A or X button held down for DMA modes. Now, on 1.8.5, nothing. The game won't launch.

Try submitting a bug report on the AKAIO list so that the next loader will load with the correct DMA mode by default. We'll have to wait and see if the disabling of the DMA selection is intentional or a bug.

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't really need to run any recent game at the moment, so I guess I'll wait some time before updating. Not that it will change much though, I guess.

By the way, thanks for the updates, Normmatt.

holoflame

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Allright, before I do anything wrong, can you guys tell me how to update my AK2i? Using the 1.8.2 fw now.

I also need the 1.8.5a thing. Got the files, now need some instructions please.

kikkeli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Thanks for the release, but there's definitely something wrong with it.

Strange Journey crashed as soon as the intro started and 999 went black screen when I tried to continue.

-Marco23-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With my Kingston Sdhc 4gb card the 1.8.5 crash with freeze and withe screen(game loading).
With anoter sdhc Akaio work :\ but this is 1 gb

sphinx.djc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using a Patriot 8GB micro SD, I got the black screen with 'akmenu4.nds not found' when I tried 1.8.5. I went back and downloaded 1.8.5 a, replaced the loaders folder in 1.8.5 with the one from 1.8.5 a along with akmenu4.nds file, everything works fine now.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
-Marco23- said:
With my Kingston Sdhc 4gb card the 1.8.5 crash with freeze and withe screen(game loading).
With anoter sdhc Akaio work :\ but this is 1 gb
Man you already try the 1.8.5a? Normmatt post this fix for these cards

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
THANKS A TON!!!

AKAIO team, you guys are great!Never thought you were going to update AKAIO since the AP bypass worked so great on 1.8.1.

Anyways, I tried 1.8.5 with 1.8.5a binaries and it worked great with my Sandisk 1Gb MiroSD.

THANKS AGAIN, AKAIO TEAM!
yaynds.gif

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kikkeli said:

Strange Journey crashed as soon as the intro started and 999 went black screen when I tried to continue.

Both games work fine.

Problem is on your end.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kikkeli said:

Try using 1.8.5a

Avent

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello to all!

First of all Tnx for the Update and the hard work from Akaio team.

Now i have tested myself Golden Sun Dark Dawn which i have been waiting sooo much time to be able to play it without bugs or freezes or blacksceerns and i was happy to see 1.8.5 was released.
After i downloaded it and put the game to test it, the game *froze* on the yellow *Loading* screen. i also tried 1.8.5a but still no luck...all other games i have that worked on 1.8.1 still work on 1.8.5(a) but i can't seem to find a way to make this game to work which makes me really sad cause from all those games only golden sun is worth playing
frown.gif

The game worked on 1.8.1 but with minor bugs like no encounters after some point in the game,dim dragon random battles, *empty emblem* items which is quite a bit unplayable for me.
My micro SD card is an 8GB transcend which from what i have seen from previous posts doesn't seem to be the case of the problem and up until now i had no problems on any other games with this card.
i also tried some changes from options which didnt make any difference (disable-enable AAP etc)
I would really appreciate it if someone who managed to make this game work could post the way to make it work on his card and what card he used.
If this is a wrong topic to discuss about it i am really sorry i am new here and to tell the truth i haven't read all rules so...
Anyway Golden sun is a really awesome game and it's been a while since it has been released i am really sad i haven't been able to make it work yet,i wish i had some money to go buy it but that won't happen anytime soon..

thank you for your time and excuse me for any grammar mistakes i might have done..

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Avent said:
thank you for your time and excuse me for any grammar mistakes i might have done..

Or your tl;dr post.

Anyways:

Thanks Normmatt, I haven't had any troubles with AKAIO at all. My MicroSD works just perfect with it. I'm still on 1.8.1, but eh, I'll update just for the hell of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1