Hacking akaio 1.8.5 comes out!

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tomrev said:
Are all DMA Modes removed?

Hmm true the older DMA modes don't seem to work anymore. Though to be honest I've never had to change it from the default. What games are you playing where you have to change the DMA mode?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buffalo said:
Hi guys

I upload 1.8.5 normal version, and it says akmenu4.nds not found in a black screen.

I try it again with the other version that fix sd cards and the games that were working, dont work anymore and white screen appears.

I have a new sd card, so I think thats not the problem

sorry for my english, thanks

EDIT: Eon-Rider, at first you dont notice a problem with 1.8.5a, but if you try it with other games (for example DQIX) you´ll see white screen, well at least i do

please help!! ):

At least specify what games you're having issues with or people won't be able to assist you.

-Marco23-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On My acekard 2.1(Bought on shoptemp) With Akaio 1.8.1 Kh re coded and other new games start but whit the 1.8.5 they doesn't start(aap enabled or disabled)

1.8.5a With Kh Re:Coded= 2 white screens
1.8.5 with Kh Re:Coded= acekard freeze on loading screen. With Art Academy 2 withe screen.
Im using kingston 4gb sdhc C05G JAPAN

With Samsung 1gb 1.8.5 work fine

Is there any way to fix this problem?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Vigilante said:
So what the hell happened to 1.8.4,it could have been better if it was in correct number order rather than skipping
Clearly you didn't take 2 second to read the front page
Another WorldAKAIO has been updated to v1.8.5. To avoid confusion with the 1.8.2 issues and the 1.8.3 fake release, the release number was bumped to 1.8.5. Please see the change log for more information about this release.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The version 1.8.5a works fine now i didn't have time to do some full test on some game cause got to work but i'll go play tonight like crazy i apreciate akaio's help to the "slows" card
thanks

Rukia-san

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you Ak-Aio Team for the update,

Acekard2i:

Tried the 1.8.5:

Kingston 4GB SDHC Class 4 Taiwan (Formatted with the "SD Formatter"): Akmenu4.nds not found.

Tried the 1.8.5a:

Kingston 4GB SDHC Class 4 Taiwan (Formatted with the "SD Formatter"): Works great, no more freeze(white screen) with 999 and Golden Sun DD.

Keep up the good work and thank you again.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Marco23- said:
On My acekard 2.1(Bought on shoptemp) With Akaio 1.8.1 Kh re coded and other new games start but whit the 1.8.5 they doesn't start(aap enabled or disabled)

1.8.5a With Kh Re:Coded= 2 white screens
1.8.5 with Kh Re:Coded= acekard freeze on loading screen. With Art Academy 2 withe screen.
Im using kingston 4gb sdhc C05G JAPAN

With Samsung 1gb 1.8.5 work fine

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Odd I have an Acekard 2 and KH Recoded works fine. Did you delete the entire _aio directory first?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm still on 1.8.0 and I've found no problems whatsoever in any game. Not really willing to upgrade until a future good game comes out and doesn't work with it.

Nonetheless, thanks for the update and hard work.
smile.gif
I'm glad to see AKAIO is still going strong.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yay new AKAIO. Will check it out when I get home.

For those of you having issues with games, make sure you're using clean versions.

QUOTE said:
First go to the AdvanScene database and search for the game you're having issues with (make sure to check "NDS"). In the results, find the entry you have. Make sure it actually has a number (that it's not XXXX), and the region is on the right-hand side, pay attention to that. Click on the game's name. In the new page under "Rom Info:" find "Crc32", that's the hash of the known-proper release.

Download CRC32.exe and run it. Click the ellipses button (...) to the right of the file box and select your ROM file. It may take a minute to calculate, then it will display the CRC32, which you should compare to the one listed on AdvanScene. If you find that the ROM you're having trouble with doesn't match the known clean ROM, then you'll want to redownload it (preferably from a site other than the one you used originally as their copy may be bad/damaged in the first place).

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
kylster said:
can i just overwrite my files on my sd card to work with my r4ultra or will i need to wait for a release to be uploaded online?

wrong forum.

Acekard != R4.

I know because of the spelling.

Yeah i figured i'd ask cause its a akaio forum and who better to help then those who deal with it
smile.gif
but i'll go ask in the other forum....

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO

QUOTE said:
Does AKAIO work on the R4 Ultra?
A single 1-off build of AKAIO v1.8.1 was compiled by Normmatt for the R4 Ultra by request of Team Acekard (the developers of the R4 Ultra). This is currently the only build adapted to work on the R4 Ultra, future releases will not work without much manipulation by Normmatt. Support for the R4 Ultra has not been added into AKAIO and is not planned for the future.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
doyama said:
tomrev said:
Are all DMA Modes removed?

Hmm true the older DMA modes don't seem to work anymore. Though to be honest I've never had to change it from the default. What games are you playing where you have to change the DMA mode?

That seems to be correct. Old DMA compatibility modes are disabled now, or at least, they are not accessed the same way as before. One very recent game coming to mind is Monster Jam: Path of Destruction (GBATemp #5366, DS-Scene #5475). Was working fine on 1.8.1 with either A or X button held down for DMA modes. Now, on 1.8.5, nothing. The game won't launch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes