OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had this AGS-101 for quite a while now and I absolutely love it for playing Game Boy Color games. During the past few years, though, I've been noticing the battery life suffering with the system only lasting usually 30 minutes or so after a full charge. At the end of last year, I finally ordered a new battery from Nintendo to see if that would fix it. Turns out that it would still only last for 30 minutes. But then I started noticing that if I switched the system on a certain way, the battery light wouldn't flicker red and I'd be able to get a lot more time out of it. So I believe it's more of a problem with something in the wiring than it is the battery.

I guess my questions are, where can I go from here? I'd like to open the system up and fix or replace what needs to be fixed but I've never done that and have little to no knowledge of what corresponds to what. Would I be able to swap out the motherboard with an AGS-001 model (I'd like to switch this AGS-101 to my GBA SP NES casing if at all possible)?

I've found another thread here where people had this same problem with their power switch but it had no resolution. I'm hoping that won't be the case here.

fenixt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, the 101 and 001 boards and screens aren't interchangeable. Like you can't use a 001 board with a 101 screen, at least without some soldering and messing with ribbon cable. But if your handy with a soldering iron, you could take the power switch from one and solder it on yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: