Hacking Adrenaline v3 Released!

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about retroarch on the Vita. MGS had fps dips while Tony Hawk 2 seemed to run just fine. Same with Legend of Mana. I'm just saying I can turn to PC if I want to but I like to play retrogames on the Vita as well. MGS had VERY few fps dips when it came out didn't it? Runs at a stable 30fps..it just seemed somewhat slower in certain areas when I walked around in the docks and around the airport when playing on retroarch Vita. I know very well that the adrenaline PS1 emulation probably would run better than retroarch in most cases but retroarch can't be THAT bad? Like I say I've only tried a few games and they seemed to run fine.

Last edited by isoboy,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How is the compatibility compared to PS1 loader via Tekken 2? Is it worth upgrading if my main use is PS1 games?
I've been playing tombi 2 all day, which is an actiony adventure game. And that's been running absolutely perfectly except for FPS drops in the water temple (i think its the rain effect) but i vaguely recall it had the same thing on the actual PS1. Gonna try out a few more games tonight and i'll edit this post accordingly.

List:
(brief test = 5 mins of playing or so)

Tombi 2: Works perfectly (except for FPS drop water temple)
Kula World: Perfect (brief test)
Final Fantasy VIII: Perfect (brief test)
Metal Gear Solid: Perfect (15 mins test)
Resident Evil 2: unplayable (Blackscreen and freezes the epsp)
Resident Evil 2 Dualshock Version: Works.
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2: perfect (brief test, one level)
Wild Arms: Perfect (brief test)
Digimon World: Perfect. (brief test, up to first fight)

Last edited by dimmidice,

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing tombi 2 all day, which is an actiony adventure game. And that's been running absolutely perfectly except for FPS drops in the water temple (i think its the rain effect) but i vaguely recall it had the same thing on the actual PS1. Gonna try out a few more games tonight and i'll edit this post accordingly.

Thanks. So is this using the same popsloader that the PSP used? Or is it just like playing downloaded classics on the Vita?

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Just an advice for anyone with low memory on their SD cards: I'm waiting to get a 32 GB memory card for the vita, and I have an 8 Gb card to play with, so, if you install Adrenaline you know you can remove the 661.pbp for some extra space, and if you go, inside Adrenaline, to the: game/memory stick you have an Adrenaline logo, same place where you have your games if you have them on ux0. From there you can uninstall games. But if you try to uninstall Adrenaline thinking its a double or something you will screw up everything. If you try to start it again, after uninstalling from inside Adrenaline, you will crash the console and will have to go into safe mode -holding power button for some time-. I think it deletes the Adrenaline.skprx and suprx, maybe sending this again to the /adrenaline folder will fix it, but in my case everything was a mess.

Reactions: cvskid

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Thanks. So is this using the same popsloader that the PSP used? Or is it just like playing downloaded classics on the Vita?

It's like the old popsloader back in the day, yet you don't need to choose a pops version, as everything is run natively from PSP 6.61 fw

Unborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reporting some psx games i tried that didn't work, they are Resident evil 2 (stay forever on black screen) and Road Rash 2d (loads fine until i select a race, then the game get stuck on the loading screen)

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
v3 fix double tap back to live menu works now but after going back into psp game it wont load anymore and just freezes it seems to work fine with ps1 games.

anyone else having this issue? my psp game is in cso format maybe thats why? i also added usbdevice.skprx to the tai config text

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

retroarch is garbage for ps1

I had the freezing. Had to format the card and start from scratch. All Ok now.

CSO are ok.

Press the select button and see if it crashes. If so then start from scratch.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Reporting some psx games i tried that didn't work, they are Resident evil 2 (stay forever on black screen) and Road Rash 2d (loads fine until i select a race, then the game get stuck on the loading screen)
Just tried RE2 myself (cause of your post) and can confirm its black screening. In fact it seems to freeze the entire PSP thing. Though going to the adrenaline and official menu still works. Quite odd, and i wonder why

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Adrenaline, can be enabled the Pops loader plugin? Where to put it since the pspemu doesnt has the folder PLUGINS.

Thanks!

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow everything works perfectly with the new fix!

What does the DS3/DS4 toggle do? Is it only for vita users if they connect a controller via Bluetooth?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw